X1 IPTV service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: X1 IPTV service

Hopefully the new remote is more sane than the “classic” Rogers remote.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed.  Looks about the same size.. but it IS a different box.

I havent been able to find anything online about this box.. must be NEW NEW.. and even xfinity chose a different model? 
From what I have seen, the remote that we currently have is the one that the xfinity has available now for their other boxes.

Its a very different remote from the rogers classic one.

Some buttons 'missing' that Im used to.  Can access via different methods, etc.. nothing horrible.. but you get muscle memory for the old one Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty — My TiVo remote I could pick up, orient, and use without so much as glancing at it. The Rogers remote though... my muscles don't have nearly enough memory to make sense of it, even after years of daily use.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Eh, i got used to it.
But I also have used it since it FIRST came out.. like, oh gosh, might have been 20 years ago? 
Thats how old the first remote was >.>

I Plan to Stick Around

For any of the early adopters here: does the new modem provide a way to add static routes?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not able to SSH into it, at least with my tests.

I Plan to Stick Around

So presumably there’s nothing in the UI either then?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope.
Just the normal forwarding, port triggering, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey, quick question for those who have gotten the IPTV service.

I had it installed this morning, and they do need to some back to fix something related to our alarm system and install a MESH and fix the connection to the alarm, but I am finding when I change channels the following happens--the logo of the channels appears and there are three dots in the middle of the screen, with the dots cycling for about 2 seconds or so, then the channel comes up, but it is blurry and it takes another 4-5 seconds until it snaps into clarity. When speaking to Ignite tech support, he was saying he tried it in the office and it did take about 7 seconds for the picture to be really clear, and that this was part of having internet TV. I must admit that if I knew this would happen, not sure I would have switched.  As I mentioned they are installing a MESH tomorrow morning, but this TV is only about 12-13 feet from the modem, so wouldn't think it would be needed for this one. 

I would appreciate hearing if anyone else is having this issue, and will update the board tomorrow if it improves after they put the MESH in.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

More than likely the tech will move the modem so that is close enough to the existing alarm system phone plug and then install a mesh network router or remote device somewhere else in the home so that you end up with adequate wifi service throughout the home.  

Or, do you happen to have a phone port on a wallplate that is fairly close the modem's current location.  If so, the modem can stay where it is and it can connect to the house phone system at that point.  From there its just a matter of bridging the alarm system into the house phone system.  That shouldn't be terribly difficult to do.