X1 IPTV service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: X1 IPTV service

Saw a Rogers van today with a big Ignite TV logo on the side....... I wish I could beta test this thing or that they would release it ASAP!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The Ignite Tv app is available on iOS right now
I'm Here A Lot

It states the service is available to select Rogers customers. Any idea who those select customers are? I understand select employees have been testing the service for a few months but haven't heard which customers have been selected. Anyone have any information on this subject?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gabriel_ko

Yeah i downloaded the app a couple days ago. It's not really working until Ignite TV is out. The app looks good though
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tarheel

Not yet. They will complete that stage soon from what I heard. Its only selected customers that get this.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well, I have been a Rogers Customer since 1978!  I guess because I haven't been selected yet, 40 years loyalty has no say in the matter?, LOL

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Square wrote:

Well, I have been a Rogers Customer since 1978!  I guess because I haven't been selected yet, 40 years loyalty has no say in the matter?, LOL

I've been a Rogers customer since cable came to my area,  mid-1980s if I recall. I've never been offered any free cutting edge technology for my loyalty, but I did receive one perk  In 2009 I got a call from Rogers offering me a free discontinued SD PVR and a digital package at a discount for less than I was then paying. I thought that was pretty good. Of course, by now my cable bill has doubled, getting close to $100.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Note sure what searching for "Ignite TV" used to return (it returns nothing for me now) but I did come across this Rogers Ignite TV Demo.

It seems to be for internal use only, maybe? I can't log in with my Rogers ID and registering fails with the message: "Sorry but your email address does not have permission to access this simulator. Please notify your Manager to gain access."

I'm a Senior Advisor

Ignite TV is still in employee-only trials. The Ignite TV demo website is intended for internal Rogers emails, I'm assuming.

I Plan to Stick Around

Some questions and answers showing up on Reddit lately...

What's Ignite TV? Is it Anyplace TV's sucessor?

When are we going to see the new X1 TV platform?

If accurate, I can't say I'm very impressed.

Topic Stats