Wireless HDMI Receiver and Rogers NextBox Compatibility

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Wireless HDMI Receiver and Rogers NextBox Compatibility

Hi all.  I just bought an IOGEAR wireless HDMI kit and everything works great except the IOGEAR IR Blaster is incompatible with the Rogers Nextbox remote meaning I can't hide the Nextbox as I need line of sight to operate the remote.  Anyone have an ideas about a product I can get that will allow me to hide the box and/or be compatible with the IOGEAR.  Very disappointing to say the least!!

***Edited Labels***

Re: Wireless HDMI Receiver and Rogers NextBox Compatibility

Hello @Jaatboy,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

It's definitely a bummer when your equipment has compatibility issues.  Depending on the model of Nextbox you have, you can get an IR extender that plugs into the back, allowing you to relocate or hide the box.  Unfortunately, I don't believe the 4k Nextbox or 4k PVR has this ability. 

Maybe the Community has a suggestion to share? 

RogersShaun

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Don't the new NetBoxes use RF remote? why not check if your NetBox supports RF and if so, get the RF remote and it does not need line of sight.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The new Rogers remote has RF and will control the Nextbox without line of sight. You can walk into your Rogers store and ask for one. They don't have the older ones anymore anyway. Unfortunately It lacks some of the functions the old one had.  Not sure if it will control your IOGEAR though. You may need to get a Harmony remote, which is only IR not RF and use 2 remotes. Few people can control everything they need on their TV with the Rogers remote anyway. I use 2 remotes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I apparently have the most recent RF remote (I just picked up the box a couple of weeks ago) but it still does not seem to work.  I can't control the box with the cabinet door closed, it must be opened and I have to point it directly at the box to change channels etc.  What am I doing wrong lol?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You need to "pair" the remote with the STB, if you have the appropriate STB (9865/NB3 or 4K PVR).

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/program-your-remote-to-work-with-devices/navigatr-rf...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks all. It finally worked! I had to swap the slightly older NextBox 3.0 from our bedroom with the newer one in the family room and it worked after pairing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad to hear it worked out!