Will the DTA50's be compatible with the new crtc mandated pick & pay coming out next year?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Will the DTA50's be compatible with the new crtc mandated pick & pay coming out next year?

The crtc mandated pick and pay by next year, will the dta50s be compatible with this type of package or not?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Will the DTA50's be compatible with the new crtc mandated pick & pay coming out next year?

Good question.  I would say, only to an extent maybe?

The DTA.. only gives you the equivelent of BASIC cable... 1-60, right?
Even if you have a package which gives you MORE channels, you cant access them, their channel number may be higher than the DTA allows.

So the pick/pay would be the same..  IF the channel falls in the basic range, then sure.  If not, then no?

(not saying it SHOULD be that way.. just likely how i THINK it would be based on how things work)

I mean.. the mandate only says you can CHOOSE to choose what channels you pick/get... not necessarily WHAT is needed to access them.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Will the DTA50's be compatible with the new crtc mandated pick & pay coming out next year?

There exists a Cisco DTA170HD which Rogers does not have at this time which tunes the higher channels. Also, when you go to the URC Rogers Remote Support site http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225 you see a new remote we haven't seen before. I'm sure the DTA50 is being discontinued because there's something new in the pipeline.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well i just got word my dta50 was delivered now ihafto go to the ups outlet to pick it up cus no one was home. Wish me luck

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pauly wrote:
Well i just got word my dta50 was delivered now ihafto go to the ups outlet to pick it up cus no one was home. Wish me luck

Why do you need luck? The parcel is sitting there waiting for you so all you have to do is pick it up! I have done this many times with UPS, Purolator, and FedEx! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully his local one is closer than mine 😛

I have started shipping stuff to my work now..
Since my 'zone' for UPS delivery is barrie... even though i live closer to newmarket, etc..

So i have to pick it up.. i have to drive like almost an hour to barrie 😛