Will Rogers Waive On Demand Fees During COVID19 Pandemic?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Will Rogers Waive On Demand Fees During COVID19 Pandemic?

Since we are all being asked to stay in, it would help if rogers was a leader in significantly reducing or elimination the on demand fees for the next month or so !!

Particularly for seniors as it looks like we will be inside for a long time.

Eliminating roam fees was nice, bu that has slittle effect as we cannot travel!!

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

Highlighted

Re: Will Rogers Waive On Demand Fees During COVID19 Pandemic?

Greetings @hawker,

Thank you for your new post!

As many Canadian families are spending a lot of extended time together at home, we still want to help by providing more entertainment. Although we are not offering any paid On Demand or PPV content for free at this time, Rogers Ignite TV and Digital TV customers can enjoy free access to a rotating selection of channels starting now until April 30, including popular content for the whole family!! 

New channels will continue to be added to the rotation - please visit Rogers.com/freepreview or say “free preview” into your Ignite TV voice remote to see what’s new.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is anything being offered to those who have Basic Cable? Any specialty channels available for free preview?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

A massive thank you to Phil Hartling and Rogers for your swift decision to support Canadians during Covid19. People working from home, kids home from school, people in isolation for either illness or precaution needed your help and you stepped up. Canada can show the world how it is done when our government and our corporations make leadership strides. S.J. Reid
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I see that Cartoon Network is on the list, but it still show up has unsubscribe on my box, even after rebooting the box.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

They should have gone a step further and reduced or eliminated the on demand fee fo rthe same time, as folks are stuck in

Highlighted
I've Been Around

A lot of people are still going to complain about internet and cable costs but I think what you are offering during this crisis from additional channels to help with those facing financial difficulty is extremely admirable. Thank you!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Offering channels on free preview and on demand are two different things.

With the channel.. they are more already paid for.  Even if they need to get permissions from the channel owner to do so on a free preview.. those channels have other sources of income from the advertisements, etc on them.

With on demand, while yes rogers likely pays a fee to the content owner to be able to put it on demand, more than likely, each time its rented... a % of that money goes back to the content owner.
Without taking a full hit (not making any, AND having to pay back the content owner).. its not something that easy to do.  Unless the content owner agrees.

Highlighted

Hi @ReneHache,

Thanks for posting! 🙂

So sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing the Cartoon Network. I can see that it is being offered on free preview from March 16th-31st, 2020. Are you still having this issue? 

Just to clarify, the Cartoon Network can be found on channel 207 for Ignite TV subscribers and channel 284 for cable TV subscribers. I did a quick check at my end with my Ignite TV service and I am able to access the channel without any problem. 

If you are still having issues doing so, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Have you thought any more about reducing on demand rates? Seniors are stuck in and need al the help we can get!!