Why does Anyplace on Xbox one require a Gold membership

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why does Anyplace on Xbox one require a Gold membership

This make zero sense.  I can watch on my computer or other devices for free (well, not free but included with my cable subscription) but for some unfathomable reason, Rogers has decided that I should pay Microsoft to view that same content from my XBox One.

Can someone please explain the logic that went into that decision?

**Edited Labels**

Re: Why does Anyplace on Xbox one require a Gold membership

Good evening @robincollier

The Rogers Anyplace TV app does include exclusive content. Based on the compatibility requirements established for that particular application and our partnership with XBOX, it requires a subscription to XBOX LIVE Gold.

I understand the inconveniences of having to pay for that service. However, at this time, there is no alternative.

RogersMaude 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My understaind its XBOX which descides which ones do/do not require it Smiley Sad

That being said.. i think it was this year.. xbox mad a change where alot of others like Netflix, etc.. then dont require the gold anymore to view.

HOPEFULLY they will review the rogers one as well and possibly allow it without.

I've Been Here Awhile

OK, this makes some sense and I hope it is something that gets changed in the near future.  I have only had the XBox since Christmas, so I didn't realize that apps like Netflix required it in the past as well, as that hasn't been the case since I have been using that combination.

I hope the powers that be can push that this be changed sometime in the near future.