Why cant PVR's disable recordings without deleting programming???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Why cant PVR's disable recordings without deleting programming???

I have several series I record on a daily or weekly basis. At times during series hiatus you want to stop recording but not delete the series programming in the PVR itself. Netbox 3.0 or any PVR doesnt allow this. It seems like a no brainer to me and cant see why this cant be programmed into the firmware. Sucks that each time you dont want the PVR to record you have to delete the series setup or it keeps recording every day or week. Not hard to add a ON/OFF beside each scheduled recording or series. Argh!!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why cant PVR's disable recordings without deleting programming???

Probably because.. this is what the NEW recording tag, is 'suposed' to be for... that then you only get the NEW ones and dont have remove the rerun ones from recording..

BUT.. we all know how reliable the NEW tag can be Smiley Tongue

I'm a Senior Advisor

You have a good idea, . I can stop and erase any scheduled recording in progress on my SA8300 without affecting the schedule. It should be a no-brainer to add this simple feature to the more sophisticated and powerful NB3, but I guess Cisco and Rogers are too busy right now still debugging it. Why don't you post it over on Idea Box?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

The "new" mode in the schedule is complete and not cool. I had new episodes NOT recorded when it supposed to. I beleive the system checks the episode summary. If the episode is different then it records. However, many series and programs dont have descriptions and are still new episodes (ie. certain talk shows) but the box doesnt recognize that and fails to record. Complete pointlessness! Then you have to program that series to record ALL episodes which records repeats and new shows.

Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote:
You have a good idea, @pac_west227 . Why don't you post it over on Idea Box?

Where is this "Idea box"?? Link?? I know it wont do anything knowing Rogers... but might be worth a cut and paste.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pac_west227

Press on the IdeaBox on this post. It will take you there.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@pac_west227 wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:
You have a good idea, @pac_west227 . Why don't you post it over on Idea Box?

Where is this "Idea box"?? Link?? I know it wont do anything knowing Rogers... but might be worth a cut and paste.

On the right of your screen, under Useful Community Links you will see a link for Rogers Idea Box.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

I agree with OLDYELLR. This should be simple. I also have an 8300HD PVR and, if a scheduled program goes on hiatus, the 8300 does not record in its normal time slot. It starts recording again when the program resumes, assuming the day and time slot are the same as originally programmed.

@jimboden wrote:

I agree with OLDYELLR. This should be simple. I also have an 8300HD PVR and, if a scheduled program goes on hiatus, the 8300 does not record in its normal time slot. It starts recording again when the program resumes, assuming the day and time slot are the same as originally programmed.

That's not the point. The point is the option should be there beside each scheduled program or series to either leave it in record mode or turn it off.

The options should be Record Mode : ON, OFF, DELETE beside each schedule series or program. 

I'm an Advisor

pac_west227:

Can't argue with that. I was just pointing out how the 8300 handles scheduled recordings which arent always on. I had an NB 3 for a few months, but forget if does the same thing.