Whole Home PVR needs install?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Whole Home PVR needs install?

I don't believe anything Rogers customer service says. I was going to switch to Bell but the person on the phone said they'd give me better pricing for the 3 service bundle AND that they'd give me a nextbox HD box (I already had the nextbox 3.0 PVR) and that it would work with my PVR as a Whole Home PVR but it doesn't and now they are saying I'd have to pay $50 to have a tech come out to set it up which is NOT what the salesperson claimed.

*Edited for Content*

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Whole Home PVR needs install?

Hi @mike017 ,

I am sorry to hear that the installation requirement wasn't discussed, and if you feel we misled you, we do apologize.

I'm sure your language was a reflection of the frustration we caused you.

Please allow me the opportunity to make things right. I've sent you a PM, please respond once you receive it.

We'll make it right

RogersStrick

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. like the person who was giving you the deal.. DIDNT stuff up right.. they SHOULD have set it up, then to WAIVE the fee, or something similar.

But generally.. yes, the Whole Home PVR setup, does cost $50 for the setup.
Mostly, due to the fact they do need to send a tech out.
They install a special filter (which costs $ so that would likely be part of the setup cost), to prevent any of the recording to be visible OUTSIDE of your household.
And then, the possible extended time that may be needed while they are there.
(its not always just putting in the filter.. as they need to be grouped together properly within their own loop of connections, if they are to contact properly together.  When mine was set up, the guy was here for almost 1.5 hours as there was a lot of work/re organizing to do)

I'm an Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

(its not always just putting in the filter.. as they need to be grouped together properly within their own loop of connections, if they are to contact properly together.  When mine was set up, the guy was here for almost 1.5 hours as there was a lot of work/re organizing to do)

Only 1.5 hours? 🙂 

I think mine took longer than that - the second box (which was being installed at the same time) just refused to boot into the new ('Nextbox') OS for some reason, so the tech and I kept rebooting it in hope that it would finally get the right software... 

I think it took until that evening, long after he left, for both boxes to be running the right software and be happily talking to each other. But then again, this was long ago - I think I got the Whole Home PVR in the first few weeks it became available... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

YEah, was the same.  I had mine like on the 3rd day it was available.

Luckily i had a tech who was there at the head office for part of the testing, so knew a fair bit about it already.

Was explaining about how the filter worked.. how they tested it without the filter, and were able to veiw stuff from like 3 buildings down on machines which didnt have it in place.