Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

At this time, while i 100% think they should be trying to fix this and any other bugs in it..

With likely IPTV on the verge.. they are not likely to invest much in any other tech for regular cable delivery. Smiley Sad
(Other than IPTV.. there is not much newer out there from what i have seen anways.. thats one of Cisco's newest boxes.. etc)

I just wish it was easier to figure out HOW/WHAT triggers these sorts of things.

Issues like the 5.1 sound drop, it was global, easier to peg down.. and then was likely easier to fix.

Something like this.. not so much so.
I have had the NB3 since the first week it was released.   I have NEVER myself had that message/error Smiley Sad
(i have had some of the other bugs though)

I'm a Senior Advisor

"Not enough resources" means just that. It seems that these boxes just can't handle everything they were intended to do. Smiley Sad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I disagree. Any one who programs knows that error messages are not always accurate.

I personally get "Not Enough Resources" on specific shows when trying to watch on WHPVR. So one shows works, another show doesn't. That has nothing to do with resources. It has to do with some bug created when the show was recorded and that bug stays with the recording. No amount of time or rebooting allows the show in question to work via WHPVR. And it has nothing to do with the level of activity occurring on the main Nextbox.

To be fair, my scenario happens very infrequently and I think this very old thread has migrated to newly developed issues with the Nextbox3/WHPVR. But my point is, error messages CAN be helpful sometimes, but other times they are rubbish.

I Plan to Stick Around

I take it there is no resolution to this issue? We have the same problem, it only occurs with specific shows. For example The Voice. Every time we record The Voice it can only be watched on the PVR. Our other two Nextbox devices on the whole home network cannot view them and it gives the no resources error.

We are running a Nextbox 3 PVR and two regular Netbox 3 devices, all running the latest software with the new guide. Reboots don't help.

Because it only affects certain blocks of shows or certain episodes, my guess is some kind of indexing error by the PVR.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @nkay,

I am seeing something similar - recorded something from the "Travel + Escape" channel two days ago, and it appeared in the "Recorded" list on the box it was recorded on...but not on any other boxes.

Programs recorded on the same box from other channels appear on all boxes, as they should.  All boxes running software version 6.0.1.0110, UI version 17334 / 28392.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting the exact same issue with The Voice too. Did you ever figure out how to resolve it?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is this on one of the remote boxes? Or the main PVR?

If its one of the remote boxes, it can come up if its a signal issue between the boxes.

But usually, the main issue, is that the boxes just need to be rebooted.

I've Been Here Awhile

It was on one of the remote boxes that I wasn't able to view it. I restarted the remote one but I was not able to restart the NextBox 3.0 that the program was recorded on because someone was using it. I will give that a try.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Amarsh33,

@Gdkitty is correct - a reboot will fix the problem (at least it did for me). Let us know how you make out. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have same issue but with a twist.

No reboot or box replacement will fix the problem, and it is an old issue.

Read link below, just scroll down to message from Jeffery (ROGERS EMPLOYEE).

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I had two techs (a contractor and a "Rogers" tech) visiting my home last year, replacing all the boxes, replacing all the cable connectors, testing all the signals outside and inside the home, replacing the filter, removing the splitters, changing everything  all around any way possible and still same issue for any shows recorded on channel 20.  Well, I have not tested all the channels btw.

My same issue discussed above is actually kind of strange, with a twist as I said above.

First, the issue is with recordings on my channel 20.

I can play the recordings from channel 20 on the PVR extension box within a short period of time (anywhere from a few minutes to one hour) after the recording ended.  However, I am not able to play the recording after a longer wait.  The tech who visited my home was able to see this and did not have an explanation for this.  Just to be clear, for example, I recorded something between 1pm and 2pm, so I can play this recording on the extension box between 2pm and 3pm, but past 3 pm it says "not enough resources".  Again, it is only for shows from my channel 20.  I may start watching the recording let's say at 2:30 pm and at 3pm it will stop and kick me out.  When trying to resume play the same message about not enough resources kicks in.   So, there is enough resources within say and hour but they disappear an hour later??  And only disappear for recordings from channel 20 ??  Does not look to me like a box issue.  It has something to do with a signal from Rogers.  Just like in the Guide, you can view the Guide an hour back even after the show ended, yes, you cannot play what has ended but you just see what was in the past hour.  I have no problems with any other recordings from other channels that I have recorded, only channel 20.  Anyway, do not waste your time replacing boxes.