Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

Got the Whole Home PVR installed on Sat Sep 7, and I'm having some trouble. Older recordings are streaming fine, but I cannot stream most of the recordings made in the last 48 hours from other boxes in my house. Here's my setup:

* LIVING ROOM is a Nextbox 3.0 PVR (9865PVR)
* BEDROOM 1 is a Nextbox 3.0 PVR (9865PVR)
* BEDROOM 2 is a Nextbox HD terminal (4642HD)

All boxes are running 4.0.0.123 firmware.

There are a handful of recordings (all made since Sat Sep 8) on each PVR that refuse to stream to any other box.

If you try to access one of these recordings on the 4642HD, it says something like "Sorry, AMERICAN BEAUTY on BEDROOM 1 cannot be viewed right now. The program may have been deleted, or there may not be enough resources available."

If you try to access one of these recordings on the other 9865PVR, it just says "Playback is starting... please wait" and never starts.

Here's a sample of the recordings on LIVING ROOM 1 - there doesn't seem to be any pattern to which recordings refuse to stream.

• WORKING: The Outer Limits - 321 ACTN - Mon 9/9 7am
  • WORKING: Talking Bad - 32 AMCHD - Sun 9/8 11:05pm
  • NOT WORKING: CBC News: Toronto - 6 HDCBC - Sun 9/8 11:00pm
  • NOT WORKING: The National - 6 HDCBC - Sun 9/8 10:00pm
  • WORKING: Breaking Bad - 32 AMCHD - Sun 9/8 9:00pm
  • NOT WORKING: Boardwalk Empire - 551 HBOHD - Sun 9/8 9:00pm
  • NOT WORKING: Strip the City - 534 DWHD - Sun 9/8 8:00pm
  • NOT WORKING: 60 Minutes - 16 HDCBS - Sun 9/8 7:00pm
  • WORKING: Dragon Wars - 562 HDMTM - Sun 9/8 1:00pm
  • WORKING: Jeopardy - 523 HDCBS - Sat 9/7 7:30pm

And here's a sample of the recordings on BEDROOM 1:

• WORKING: The Newsroom - 551 HBOHD - Sun 9/8 10pm
  • NOT WORKING: Saturday Night Live - 17 HDNBC - Sat 9/7 11:29pm
  • NOT WORKING: News Final - 3 HDGLB - Sat 9/7 11:00pm
  • NOT WORKING: American Beauty - 553 MNEHD - Sat 9/7 4:00pm
  • WORKING: Jeopardy! - 526 HDCBS - Fri 9/6 7:30pm

On both boxes, everything recorded on Fri Sep 6 and before seems to stream just fine. And you can always watch the program on the box it was recorded on.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? I figure this is a software issue and calling the 800 number will just be an exercise in frustration.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

I dont use mine regularily.. only once  a week, but have never really had a playback issues.

Only time i did, was WAY back, when i had it first installed when the new IPG just came out.

At that time, my bedroom before that, had an HD box, but was a very WEAK signal and often had channel issues.

Had a tech out, who tested and confirmed a bad signal.  A boster was installed which uped the signal for the bedroom, and havent had an issue since.

Even did a test for another user, recoding 5 things on the NB3, and playback on the HD box both in the bedroom and basement, both played back fine.. so i dont think its 100% a resource thing per say, say on the playback boxes end.

So your issue COULD be signal.  Should have been looked at by the installing tech..

I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't seem to be a signal issue. Rogers on Demand, and all of the SDV channels are working fine. The non-problematic recordings stream 100% fine, whereas the problematic recordings won't stream at all. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Lamzyc,

I'm in almost the exact same boat: Recently got WHPVR, worked out of the box fine and sometime last week older recordings would playback while newer recordings would not. 

Granted, it's so new I only had a handful of recordings that worked. But they worked perfectly.

Now, nothing works. Rebooting both machines failed to make a difference. I really don't think it's signal related as my cable is brand spanking new and I have a very simple setup.

And progress with your problem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had it pop up last night myself actually.. but it was while my Nextbox 3.0 was having an issue.  I was not able to do any playback on it local (was still ablet to tune/record).
A reboot of the PVR did allow the other boxes to do playback fine after that.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have no problem with playback on the 3.0 PVR. But the non-PVR now cannot access any recordings.

Rogers managed to sustain my positive feelings for all of 7 days. They're back on my sh*t list.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on hold with Rogers now, so I'll be brief (more details later).

The recordings I mentioned above are still inaccessible for streaming from boxes other than the one I recorded them on. You can delete them remotely no problem. I deleted most of them, getting rid of the evidence anything was ever wrong.

It worked beautifully all week for all new recordings, but of course 100% of Sunday's primetime lineup (i.e. when it mattered) fails to work. Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Breaking Bad, the news, etc, not working from other boxes than the one that recorded it.

I found something in the diagnostics menu that's interesting, about failed streaming requests. There's some "server error" message with timestamps for each play attempt. I'll post a screenshot later.

Ok, now Rogers wants me to reboot the boxes and will call me back. I know this won't help. Will keep you updated.

I'm Here A Lot

I am getting the same problem on a variety of recordings.  Not by specific date though.  More by program name.

Same box pops up and says that it cannot play the recording because it is deleted or the box is out of recourses.  

Rebooted both Netbox 3 and terminal.  Same programs won't play on terminal even though they play fine on netbox 3.

Whatever you find out, please let us know.

Thanks,

Allan

I Plan to Stick Around

Quick note to mention that it looks like I can view everything I recorded yesterday via WHPVR. Previously recordings, however, still do not play. So perhaps a firmware fix went out that resolves the problem for future shows.

Can't imagine why they can't undo the damage to previously recorded shows. If you can't update the settings related to the individual shows, change the logic that interprets the settings.

Fingers crossed that this fix persists.

I've Been Here Awhile

I can tell you that it wasnt any fix. Two of four recordings last night will not play over my whole home network.

Don't expect much of a response from Rogers. Just like the 2.0 POS they released, they never said a word. I have a feeling this is another rushed to market, hunk of junk, that was never properly tested. They need to stop fooling around with the firmware, and just do everything over again, PROPERLY.

**Edited for content**