Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

It's still too early to say for sure, but I was getting the same error message and have solved the problem for the time being by deleting the scheduled programming, particularly where entire series were being scheduled to be saved. I deleted everything, so nothing was scheduled, but left all of my prerecorded programs on the PVR and so far it's been working 100%. As I said, it's only been a few days, but the error messages have stopped and hopefully they won't be back anytime soon. I don't know if this will solve everyone's problem, but it's certainly worth a try.

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you reboot or just delete all the scheduled recordings, then hit play on your pre-recorded programs?
I've Been Here Awhile

I did reboot after deleting the scheduled programming. Since then I haven't received the error message. Everything's working fine. I don't know how much is too much, but there seems to be a limit on how many shows can be pre-programmed. Also, it may turn out that programming an entire series, as opposed to individual episodes, puts more strain on the PVR's resources. Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info. I'm getting a little tired of "work arounds". I really wish they could sell a product that works as advertised.
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree. If there's a limit on how many shows can be pre-programmed before the PVR is overloaded, they should let us know up front and save a lot of people a lot of aggravation.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is an embarrassment to technology. The level of incompentence is startling. Every single one of their offerings are terrible. Every service is flawed, down to the smallest detail.

A fish rots from the head. If the company sucks, you can expect the workers to do sucky work. I don't fault the workers. I fault leadership. It's obvious that people working at Rogers have zero investment in the company. The quality of work is shown in the results.

They have this potentially great community resource. It's basically an early warning system for problems, frequented by knowledgable customers and there is no response, feedback or reaction. This particular thread has been going on for years. The problems don't get resolved... They change. It's unreal. The Nextbox is riddled with problems and instead of resolving them they just create new ones. For what?

I'm taking my multi-thousands of dollars per year elsewhere as soon as it's convenient for me. (Once I move.) I'll be starting with the new iPhone in September. Bell may not be much better, but Rogers has proven themselves to be undeserving of my money.

And I hate their NHL coverage to boot.

I Plan to Stick Around

You're preaching to the choir...amen.
My niece has a boyfriend who won't tell people he works for Rogers when he is out in social situations because he can't take the abuse.
I've Been Here Awhile

It's now been a few days since I erased the scheduled programming on my PVR and then rebooted it and everything has been working fine, so I think it's safe to say that for me, this has solved the problem. Now it's just a matter of trial and error to see how much pre-programmed scheduling the PVR can take before it starts acting up again.

This has worked for me and  I hope others find it helpful, as this is obviously a problem that has plagued a lot of Rogers customers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This unfortunately happens the odd time .. reset both boxes starting with the 3.0 when resetting nextbox 3.0-2.0 always follow this procedure
1.press and hold power button on hd box ( will be held the whole time )
2.unplug power source from back of hd box ( not wall)
3. Count to 15 ( still holding power button down
4. Insert power cord and let go of power button on box

I am very sorry that this has happened to the people in this forum as it had happened to me early on when I first got the 3.0 so I am sympathetic to the level of frustration, as with any piece of technology there will be hiccups and Rogers engineers are working tirelessly to fix and improve on their products
I Plan to Stick Around

The first post on this thread is September 2013. If the Rogers engineers have been working "tirelessly" on this issue since then and can't solve it they either should be fired or admit defeat, scrap the technology and find something that works. I have no intention of constantly rebooting for the rest of time.