Whole Home PVR - NextBox 2.0 and NextBox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Whole Home PVR - NextBox 2.0 and NextBox 3.0

Good day!

I have two nextbox 2s that I own.  I have been offered a nextbox 3.  If I were to have a mix of NB2 and NB3's, does it make a difference?  Specifically with regards to access to my PVRs including online recording via the Rogers app, which is extremely handy!

Thanks!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Whole Home PVR - NextBox 2.0 and NextBox 3.0

Do you have the whole home PVR setup?

My understanding, is that it only allows TWO PVRs, and up to 4 HD boxes.

Not 100% sure if this carries over to NOT having the whole home.. if you can then have more than 2.... if the app knows how to read more than 2, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

i have two NB2s, but don't have the whole home setup.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Without the whole home.. you might be OK..

I am now remembering.. some people with say the whole home setup.. but still having an 8300.. so they have it working..

Might be different with the NB2's though.. not sure Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

I was told by the sales rep before the installation that they couldn't put two PVRs on the home TV network. However, when I look at the menus there's a PVR tab for selecting which PVR to watch under "my recordings". This makes me believe that the sales guy was mistaken... Anyone know?

I currently have the NB3 as the PVR on the network, a setop box and a NB2. The NB2 is acting like a setop box. If I can have the NB2 act as a second PVR that would give me another 500gb and a backup PVR...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes he was incorrect.

Under a whole home setup, you can use TWO PVRs, and 4 HD boxes.

For SETTING a recording, you sort of have to go to the correct box to do it.. you cant easily set a recording FROM the NB3 on the NB2.. you have to go to the NB2 and set it there.

But from the RECORDED stuff, you can then select which PVR you want to view the recordings from, and watch.