Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

I was once a rogers customer and I'm considering signing up for cable again.   Which boxes are still eligible to be registered on a new account?   I have the following:

Nextbox 3 HD PVR

Nextbox 4642 HD x 2

SA 8300HD PVR

SA 4250 HD

SA 3250 HD

Thnx

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

@Davedes : I believe all of those boxes can still be activated on Rogers Cable, except for the 3250HD.  Here's a post from over on Digital Home, which I believe is still correct.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-rogers-cable-tv/64632-guidelines-selling-buying-used-rogers-term...

If you want to be sure, ask Rogers when you sign up.  Note that if these haven't been used in a while, you may have oxidation on the ports, or the Hard Drives on the PVRs might not work properly, or they may not boot easily, etc.  Do not expect a smooth startup on old equipment.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

That sounds about right.   I just noticed that whole home pvr is no longer an option on new accounts.   That might just be a deal breaker.   It'll be hard for my wife to live without something she's had for 5 + years.