Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stan888
I've Been Here Awhile

Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Hi,

Am thinking of possibly becoming a Rogers cable TV subscriber again.

Do the following boxes still work on Rogers:

HD Explorer 4250

Nextbox PVR3.0

Thanks,

Stan

***Edited Labels***

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Which Digital Boxes Are Currently Supported?

Boxes do not matter. If resubscibe you will be offered ignite TV only, no legacy cable will be available.

Stan888
I've Been Here Awhile

I was still using these boxes 1.5 years ago. 

Wondering if they will work if I get the Starter package with some theme packs.

Had the VIP package then.

Biollw

I refer you to my previous post. But if you think you can get legacy cable more power to you.

Stan888
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry! I may be misunderstanding you!

So there is no more Digital TV?

Only Ignite TV which I am assuming is a different platform so the even the Nextbox PVR 3.0 will not work?

Sorry for my ignorance - have not kept up with the Rogers landscape of products since cutting the cord back then.

Just hoping to get some basic channels and not have to rent a box/device - like the Nextbox 4.0 or an Ignite box.

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

The only digital cable TV you can get now with Rogers is the starter package and you can use the boxes you have. If you decide to add Internet you must go over to ignite TV. With the starter package you can add separate channels and theme packs.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Stan888  You may still be able to get Digital TV with the Starter Package, if it is available in your area.  See the FAQ for more info.

You can't order the basic Starter Package online and others have reported difficulties getting the Rogers sales rep to book their order, so getting it may require some persistence on your part.  Also, if you currently subscribe to Ignite Internet, Rogers will only allow you to subscribe to Ignite TV.

I would still advise you to investigate Ignite TV options prior to calling Rogers, especially if you already have Ignite Internet.  The Rogers reps may be able to offer you a compelling discount and waive setup fees.  If you require a home phone service, it only costs $10/month to add Ignite Home Phone to the bundle.

Biollw

Gone