Which 4K boxes are compatible with Rogers and where can I purchase them?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hannajTO
I've Been Here Awhile

Which 4K boxes are compatible with Rogers and where can I purchase them?

Hi, I just bought a 4K TV and would like to purchase a new box (as opposed to rent a nextbox through rogers). Can I purchase any 4K box and connect to rogers cable? Do you have suggestions for boxes that are compatible? Thank you

**Labels Added**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Which 4K boxes are compatible with Rogers and where can I purchase them?

You cannot just purchase any 4K box. You need to purchase the appropriate ones that are allowed on Rogers Cable. I assume you're on legacy digital cable and not on IgniteTV.   Here's a helpful link for purchasing.  I believe there are only two 4K models - one a PVR and one a STB.  The model numbers start with CAV....  (PVR is CAV10455).

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

There's really very little available in 4K, so you may be better off purchasing a 9865 PVR for about $40-50 on Kijiji or similar.   I assume you know that everyone will be required to go to IgniteTV in time, probably a few years...  You may wish to consider switching to IgniteTV since all the boxes are 4K.  Lots of threads discussing IgniteTV on this forum - check them out.