Where to find Formula 1 Racing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Where to find Formula 1 Racing

Those of you looking where to find the next Formula 1 Practice, Qualifying and Race will be in for a bit of confusion. It all used to be on TSN (channel 30 for me). Now, with the new channels, TSN, in its wisdom, has scattered the events all over the place. You would think with 5 channels available, they could have kept them all on one channel, but no.

The schedule is now:

Friday Practice on TSN2H (495 or 98)

Saturday Qualifying on TSN2H (495 or 98)

Sunday Race on TSN1H, TSN4H, TSN5H (494, 497, 498 or 30)

As expected, wheel sport fans take a back seat to the Great Unwashed who watch stick-and-ball sports, so we have to search a bit harder.

***Edited labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Where to find Formula 1 Racing

Excellent, I'm so glad they moved qualifying onto a channel that I don't receive. Thanks Rogers!
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's TSN that moved Qualifying to a different channel from the Race. TSN is owned by Bell Media and ESPN.

Qualifying and the Race was on Ch 30 (TSN, now TSN4) on basic cable. Now Qualifying is on 98 (TSN2) but I don't think that's on basic cable. I have the VIP package, which gats all the TSN channels, but I suppose if you only have basic cable, you've been screwed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, it's gotten worse. Now any part of F1 racing is out of reach to basic cable subscribers.

For Singapore the race itself was still on the basic TSN, Channel 30 and only the practice and qualifying was unavailable except on the other new TSN channels.

Now the Japanese GP is TSN2 (495) and the qualifying on TSN3 (496). All the basic TSN4 (30) has is a bunch of  British soccer games and NASCAR.  Way to go, TSN! The more obscure new channels you get, the more you hide motorsports events.

I've Been Around

Used my pvr to record the Japanese f1 qualifier. Looking forward to watching, oh look all I got was the end of the cfl game and sports news! Rogers and TSN are so concerned about ALL their customers!
If you can't do the job properly let someone else do it!!
I'm a Senior Advisor

What a disaster! Fortunately I recorded both the "Live" qualifying at 12:55 a.m. and the repeat at 8:00 a.m. and ended up watching the repeat because the first one was football instead. TSN really knows how to mess up up Formula One.

To be safe, be sure to record both the live feed and the repeat of the race tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get washed out by the typhoon.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I just checked the Guide and found both the Sochi F1 Qualifying and Race on the basic TSN channel TSN4 (Ch30), so I scheduled the recordings for Saturday and Sunday morning. This is the first time an weeks that Qalifying has again been available on 30. Maybe TSN has taken the hint. We shall see. I'll be checking again closer to the events to see if anything has changed.

I've Been Around

y is rogers scruing its costumers???
I'm a Senior Advisor

@nononono333 wrote:
y is rogers scruing its costumers???

dk