Where's Rogers Apple TV App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Where's Rogers Apple TV App?

Why is Rogers not putting an Apple TV app in the app store?  Trying mirroring is horrible.  Moreover, try to watch stuff like TMN on the box is so bad and its NOT responsive.  Give us a proper Apple TV app please.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Where's Rogers Apple TV App?

Hi @siuolly

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

What specific app are you looking for on your Apple TV?  Rogers AnyPlace TV?

RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

I noticed FibeTV has an app on Apple TV App Store. From the sounds of it this will allow customers to login and use their Apple TV to access most of their subscribed channels. This sounds like a great way to watch TV without needing an additional Rogers cable box. Rogers is usually on top of things as they have had the Sportsnet app for Apple TV since the summer. This worked great for me and allowed us to watch Jays games in the backyard wirelessly. Rogers now we need an App to watch all of our subscribed channels on Apple TV.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@B- wrote:
I noticed FibeTV has an app on Apple TV App Store. From the sounds of it this will allow customers to login and use their Apple TV to access most of their subscribed channels. This sounds like a great way to watch TV without needing an additional Rogers cable box. Rogers is usually on top of things as they have had the Sportsnet app for Apple TV since the summer. This worked great for me and allowed us to watch Jays games in the backyard wirelessly. Rogers now we need an App to watch all of our subscribed channels on Apple TV.

Oncve again, Fibe TV is IPTV based, and fundimentally different from Rogers delivery method.

If Rogers ever delivers the long promised IPTV solution, you may be able to see things such as this.

I've Been Around

I don't understand the response. Then can you please explain why I'm able to stream content to my phone and laptop? I would have expect that the same manner it is streamed to these device it could be streamed to the Apple TV.

Hello, @sckmitchell

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. Thank you for your interest in the Rogers Anyplace TV app on the Apple TV platform. At this moment, the Rogers Anyplace TV app is not available on Apple TV platform. Please stay tuned, we will update the Community as the information becomes available. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm an Advisor

@sckmitchell wrote:
I don't understand the response. Then can you please explain why I'm able to stream content to my phone and laptop? I would have expect that the same manner it is streamed to these device it could be streamed to the Apple TV.

Hello @sckmitchell,

You asked about streaming live TV to your Apple TV, much the way Bell does currently. @Lurker's response was correct - Bell offers a product that is purely IPTV, while Rogers does not. 

Your second question re: streaming content to your phone/tablet is more complicated than it appears - note that:

- Streaming to your phone/tablet via Rogers Home Edition app requires that you be at home, on your own wi-fi. You cannot stream live television via the app when you are not at home. 

- Streaming to your phone/tablet via Rogers Anyplace TV app allows you access to some live streaming and most of the on-demand content found on channel 100. The content you see here may be different - the rights for programming available here are negotiated separately by Rogers with broadcasters (which is why content differs from what you see on channel 100).

- You can stream some live channels via the www.rogersondemand.com website. Again, you get most of the on-demand content and some of the live TV channels. 

Don't forget that apps are available to stream live TV via Android and iOS (and maybe Apple TV - don't have one and am not sure). These apps include: CP 24 GO, CTV GO, FXNow Canada, Global GO, History Go, Hollywood Suite, Sportsnet, Stingray Music, TMN GO, TSN GO, WWE and others.

Note: To stream content (including live content) via these apps, you need to logon with your MyRogers username/password when prompted. 

I hope this answers things more completely. If you have other questions, please feel free to ask! I will help any way that I can. 

EDIT: The cost of shunting hundreds of channels to an Apple TV app (which does not exist and would have to be created) is huge and not immaterial. I expect this to become available after Rogers goes fully IPTV - but this will take time. Sit tight!

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation