Where is Jay Leno's Garage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Where is Jay Leno's Garage?

All week I looked forward to recording Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC at 10:00 tonight.

First disappointment, Rogers doesn't have CNBC in HD (Ch 79 & 184).

Second disappointment, There is no Jay Leno's Garage even though the Guide says so, just a load of boring business news.  Granted, it's also shown on the Zap2it listings, so it's CNBC's fault, not Rogers. This really sucks after the show has been heavily promoted on Facebook for the last few days. What happened? It's not like there's any world-shaking business news that could be more important than Jay Leno.

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Where is Jay Leno's Garage?

Hello, @OLDYELLR

Thank you for the post. I was not able to find the reason why the show was not broadcasted, I'll look into it and update accordingly.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I am very upset. why was this show not aired?   Brian Donnelly

I'm a Senior Advisor

A friend who has Bell also didn't get the show, even though it was listed. It may be an anti-Canada thing, like licensing, the same as you couldn't watch the Jay Leno show on line without an unblocker.

I'm a Senior Advisor

There's a repeat Sunday night before the next new episode. I've scheduled that to see what I get. What is CNBC World and is it on Rogers VIP?

I've Been Here Awhile

Where is Jay Leno's Garage ? Your TV guide is wrong. I noticed the some of Judge Judy's Hot Bench etc programs are also mixed up

I'm a Senior Advisor

Both the Rogers Guide and Zap2it show Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC at 10 pm on Wednesday night, repeated at 8 pm on Sunday night (and other times). The Wednesday night shows are also heavily advertised all over Facebook. (I can't speak for Judge Judy because I don't follow it.)  Why Jay Leno didn't actually air in Canada on Rogers and Bell is a mystery and is supposedly being investigated by Rogers.

Actually here are all the listings for the next week from Zap2it. With just 2 simultaneous recording only available to me, I may have to forego the Sunday night one because it gets very busy on CBS with everything getting shifted by stick-and-ball games, so I have to overlap my regular recordings.

Jay Leno's Garage

Sun 10/11 8:00PM-9:00PM 79 CNBCC

Sun 10/11 8:00PM-9:00PM 184 CNBCC

Sun 10/11 11:00PM-12:00AM 79 CNBCC

Sun 10/11 11:00PM-12:00AM 184 CNBCC

Mon 10/12 9:00PM-10:00PM 79 CNBCC

Mon 10/12 9:00PM-10:00PM 184 CNBCC

Wed 10/14 7:00PM-8:00PM 79 CNBCC

Wed 10/14 7:00PM-8:00PM 184 CNBCC

Sun 10/18 10:00PM-11:00PM 79 CNBCC

Sun 10/18 10:00PM-11:00PM 184 CNBCC

I just noticed that Zap2it calls the channel "CNBCC", CNBC Canadian Feed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Since there's no explanation for the missing shows from Rogers so far, I've contacted CNBC to ask what happened and why. Will let you know when I get a response.

I'm a Senior Advisor

A friend on Bell recorded the repeat of the first episode Sunday night okay. I also had it set to record, but had to cancel the recording when stupid NFL football ran long as usual and I had to overlap my Sunday night recordings on CBS to maintain continuity.  But I have it set for another repeat tonight, so we'll see.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just received a reply from CNBC.

Subject
Jay Leno's Garage

Response By Email (CNBC Customer Care) (10/12/2015 09:40 AM)
Dear CNBC Valued Customer,

Thank you for your patience as we got back to you. Currently, CNBC does not have the ability to air this particular program in your region as well as a few others due to technical reasons We are working on making it available in the future and correcting this. We are very sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime and apologize that we cannot be of more assistance.

Sincerely,

CNBC Customer Care

Sounds rather ominous, with no reason given, or why it's listed if it can't be shown. . Doesn't explain how my friend was able to record it on Bell last night. We'll see what I get tonight.