Where are my channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Where are my channels?

After I cancelled my Rogers cable account I was still able to receive channels 2 thru 15 or so. Yesterday, I lost all of those????

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Where are my channels?

Hello @briansart

It seems like you have analog channels which are gone now unless you get a digital box or a HD antenna.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you had it directly connected, you were still picking up the FEW remaining channels.

Analog cut off has been going since about 2 years ago now? 

In the past, when you stoped paying for TV, they would (or well should) install a filter which would block the signal range for all the analog channels.

While it probably was not your intention (may have thought that it was suposed to be that way), TECHNICALLY since you were not paying for it, it was stealing.

If you are looking for it, you would have to pay for at least the basic TV, and digital box of some form.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your not paying for it then stop watching it. Its only a matter of time before they shut off all analogue.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@briansart wrote:

After I cancelled my Rogers cable account I was still able to receive channels 2 thru 15 or so. Yesterday, I lost all of those????

I guess you were just lucky to receive Rogers analog cable, while it lasted, after cancelling and no longer paying for it.  Rogers can cut off the digital signal from the head end, but they've stopped sending out a truck to disconnect your cable at the street. So you had analog for free until that ended. If you still want to watch TV for free, get an OTA antenna.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario