When is enough enough?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: When is enough enough?

If the supervisor identified it as a Rogers issue, what did you want the Manager to do?

I'm a Senior Contributor

1. A small refund (I'm not getting what I am paying for)

2. I would also really like to emphasize that (as EVERYONE else is) I am SUPER busy and don't have time for 45 minute conversations resulting in varous different diagnoses but 99% of the time stating the problem is on my end.

BTW, if I called right now, it's likely I'd get another technician who ends telling me the problem is on my end again. (I have gone through this before).

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not to say its YOUR fault.. but 3/4 of the time the issue IS on the users side.

Thats not to say, its the users FAULT.

Often things like what your experiencing.. with ROD.. is usually signal/communication issue.  You can have a decent signal even still.. but if there are issues with 2 way communications back to rogers.. the RoD usually will not work properly, etc.

This can be anything from outside.. to a failing spitter, etc

All that being said.. unless a user has put their own splitters, etc in the way, etc.. it is still rogers responsibility to fix it.

I would push for them to send a tech out, to check EVERYTHING.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

We have 2 digital boxes. The one downstairs has been SLOW from installation; they have replaced boxes etc. No help.

(The slow one is a 4000 series; The other one is 3200 and is quicker.)

Both boxes are not able to access the on demands.

Can I test the communication with another channel?

I can access the program guide and set a VCR reminder.

Or are these different frequencies?

I'll arrange to have a technician come - Where should they focus if BOTH boxes canNOT access the on Demands?

(I ask b/c sometimes the technicians have not been very good)

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully you get a good one.

They should start at the source and work their way in.
Street, outside the house, just inside, splitters, etc then work the way to the outlets.

The new guide can be slow in general, especially on the 8642, and somewhat on the 4642. It's just the hardware isn't powerful enough to run the the software. The new 9865 doesn't have the same issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You're welcome. With FibrOp, they are quite expensive, but their normal services are not as bad. What they do for FibrOp is rewire your home to be "FibrOp" ready, resulting in having to change all of the wiring if you ever want to go to another provider, which would be costly.. One of those "been there, done that" experiences, really.

Good luck with further research! Hopefully you find what suits you.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi Gdkitty,

Thank you for the reply.

I called Rogers again last night. The usual reboot -> no success.

I asked for a technician to come here and they REFUSED saying they'll escalate this to the engineers(?) because the problem can be fixed at their end. (They’ve escalated this 4 times so far in the past 3 days)

"They should start at the source and work their way in.
Street, outside the house, just inside, splitters, etc then work the way to the outlets."

Is there a diagram online of the cable from Rogers to the digital box?

Similar happened to me a few years ago where the on demands were intermittently unavailable (It went on for weeks.) Finally Rogers admitted it was a known issue.

The supervisorS REFUSED to give me the code required to make a formal complaint!

"The new guide can be slow in general, especially on the 8642, and somewhat on the 4642. It's just the hardware isn't powerful enough to run the software. The new 9865 doesn't have the same issue."

The 4600 box downstairs is EXTREMELY SLOW for the on demands.

The program guide is slow but not as slow as the on demands.

The 3200 upstairs is CAPABLE of getting on demands quickly (when they are "available")

Current Situation: I cannot access any on demand. They’re either having issues "tuning to the box" or "the on demand services are unavailable". (Error messages are too quick - they flash for a second and then they're gone).

(I was able to access on demands after midnight last night)

(Like brownouts!)

So now what?

PLEASE advise!

Thank you again!

P.S. I found a Web site that shows outages for anywhere in Canada and for different companies. I don't know if it is okay to post it here?

I'm a Senior Contributor

Thanks Mineau,

I did try to get FIBE a couple of years ago but Bell couldn't find THEIR Network Interface Device nor the origin of the phone line (it splits).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it is a back end issue.. its only effecting certain areas, etc.  I have watched something yesterday and today from on demand, with zero issues at all.

I would just press for them to send someone out... ask for a manager, try and escalate it.

Really, there is no SPECIFIC diagram, as there are different setups, all depending on the persons house, layout, etc.

Generally, it should be as follows:

- Box on the street to the house... either burried line, or hung, etc based on where you are.

- To a box on the outside of the house, this is usally near where the elec meter is.  inside this box, as min should be a connector, which is GROUNDED, usually connects out of it, a wire up to a ground on the electrical box

- Then usually a line into the house

- From there, a splitter.  Here is where there is ALOT of variation.. and can sometimes cause issues with bad setups.

Usually its split at min, one for TV, then another off for phone/internet.

EG: Mine for example, when it comes in, is a splitter.  One line off of that, over to another splitter for internet/phone.  Other side over to a MOCA filter (for the whole home PVR setup).  There is then a in line boster (as two of my rooms cant get enough signal due to poor internal lines) which has outlets for the 3 lines to where my 3 boxes are.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Thanks again!

"If it is a back end issue.. its only effecting certain areas, etc.  I have watched something yesterday and today from on demand, with zero issues at all.

I would just press for them to send someone out... ask for a manager, try and escalate it."

It is no longer a back end issue - they keep changing their minds.

They refuse to send a technician

They resused to let me speak to a manager (last night) - but tonight I was connected to a supervisor who said to call in AM.

Tonight they refused to escalate it.

I personally do not know how it is possible NOT to be able to figure out if problem is closer to customer or closer to them. It is a human built item and only so many things can go wrong.

I did have a booster some years ago.

Anyway thank you for the help!