When is enough enough?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

When is enough enough?

I have been a rogers's customer for YEARS. Over the last few years there have been more and more technical issues. I have "VIP" including TMN and what it includes (in other words pay for the noise) Luckily no home phone but have “high” speed internet…

The internet is no gift either.

Recently I could not save movies. After a week of being told it was only me, they finally admitted is was a known issue. Today is the 7th day I have not been able to access TMNOD and MEOD for several hours. Last night it stopped saving movies. Tonight no access again - Perhaps this is permanent. After 45 minutes on the phone I am told again it is my problem (even though the box downstairs is also unable to access.)

Same thing different day.

This is just the last month.

Any advice?

Signed Hopeless...

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: When is enough enough?

Just checked and I too am unable to access any On Demand channels and the search function doesn't work either. For now I will assume that they are just updating theses features and check again tomorrow.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There are a lot of outages I find. But Bell Aliant is not much  better either, especially with prices. Shaw is highly priced and very particular with what you should have, and where you have it in the country.

Flaws, glitches, flaws and more glitches. The only good thing about Rogers compared to others is they are not as expensive depending on what you get..

Depending on your area, I would suggest speaking to a Rogers manager, not just a rep. Before doing that, do some research on other providers and reviews on their services, and the manager can either send off a technical request and provide you with a discount, or they can cancel your service with a "I'm sorry you feel that way".

I've been there. Smiley Sad

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello and thank you for replying!

I am NOT happy about your situation, but I feel better.

I have learned something:

After having stared at the on demand screens (for it seems like years), there is a quick way to tell whether they will load successfully or not.

Initially, there is the Bright red screen stating "loading please wait". Then it reloads the screen:

If the top part of the reloaded screen has black clouds / dark haze on it, it will be successful; if it stays red, it will not.

Thanks again!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Everything is working OK for me today. I guess they were just updating or something.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi Mineau,

Thanks for the information.

When Bell introduced "FIBE" they had a lot of specials; but now (I think) Bell is more than Rogers.

I didn't know Shaw was available in Toronto.

I'll call a manager later.

For now, the on demands are working.

Hi jays77

The on demands are working here too - it was usually later at night though.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@YtanyaY wrote:

I didn't know Shaw was available in Toronto.

Rogers Cable and Shaw Cable are not available in the same area, but Shaw Satellite could be.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

Thank you, OLDYELLR!

Update - Again the on demands were not available last night - It was intermittent.

How does one know if Rogers is updating?

Is there anywhere online that has this info?

Thanks

I'm an Advisor

I'm in Toronto East York and just tried channel 309. It seemed to load a lot slower than normal, but I'm able to get everything on that channel (TMN and HBO Canada).

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the information.

Both boxes in the house are unable to tune in to on Demand all day.

I just spend FORTY minutes on the phone with Rogers:

Technician # 1 diagnosed both boxes were defective.

I asked for a manager but was given a "head supervisor" who diagnosed the problem was on Rogers end.

He REFUSED to let me speak to a manager. I asked him MULTIPLE times. His answer: "It's not going to happen".

What do I do?

Thanks