When is Rogers going to offer IPTV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

When is Rogers going to offer IPTV?

I have read that Rogers will offer IPTV some time in 2015. Any progress or updates on this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: When is Rogers going to offer IPTV?

I have no doubt it will eventually go this way.

2015 seems a little early.. personally i dont think we would see it till next year at the earliest.

Unfortunaely no one from rogers will coment on anything that isnt currently released or have a specific date yet Smiley Tongue

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @supertattoo

Last time i heard its supposed to be released early 2016 / Summer 2016. It will get released but not anytime soon it seems. I heard about 2015 but got changed it seems. 

Unfortunately Rogers does not comment on products or services that have not yet been released or any ETA yet for it. Hopefully when the services get announced from Rogers, they will give a ETA or time frame! Smiley Happy 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

I have no doubt it will eventually go this way.

2015 seems a little early.. personally i dont think we would see it till next year at the earliest.

Unfortunaely no one from rogers will coment on anything that isnt currently released or have a specific date yet Smiley Tongue

I can find you quotes from the old CEo online that said it would be ready in 2014! Smiley Happy

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

It will be ready when its ready. o__o

No ETA provided until its ready to be launched, otherwise it creates unnecessary negative comments about not being ready yet or not launched yet or not this or that...

Basically... as far as i have heard 2016...
x___x"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Knowing the amount of times that rogers has pushed out stuff a little early, when more testing has been required..

Probably BEST that its not pushed out TOO early Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

Be careful what you wish for.  IPTV will render current STBs and PVRs obsolete, SARA for sure. If or when it happens, Rogers customers who own their equipment will be in a position to go to another TV provider.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I doubt IPTV will be a 100% cut over, at least right away... look how long it took for analog to disapear?

It will likely be a PARALLEL service...
Pushing new customers to IT rather than traditional.

Kind of like Bell.. how they try to push FIBE (their IPTV), over satalite if there is that option.

I beleive the 9865 is IPTV compatable... the 8642/4642... MIGHT be.. i would have to look at the specs again.
They may be usable.. but yeah, anything SARA definately would not be.

I'm a Senior Advisor

"IPTV will render current STBs and PVRs obsolete"

No it won't.  The NB 2's and 3's are both equipped with internal DOCSIS modems....they'll be able to handle IP just fine...its part of the reason Rogers went with them.

Anything older than that, then yeah, you're out of luck.  That's the way technology works.  Can't be backwards compatible forever.

I'm an Advisor

What's the benefit of IPTV anyway? Someone please educate me. Smiley Happy