When is Rogers going to improve Anyplace TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When is Rogers going to improve Anyplace TV?

I use this product on my Windows 10 laptop and it's performance and defects get me frustrated.

1. It frequently freezes (whereas I NEVER have this problem with Netflix)

2. I often get the message "Hmm - this video is taking longer to load....."

3. Sometimes I get the message "such and such channel is not available" (but that's not true)

4. Often issues 2 & 3 above really mean "your login has timed out" - logging in again can correct the problem

5. You often can't change a channel without logging in again

6. You never know when a login is required - often it takes you so far and then you get one of the above errors

7. Sometimes the audio and video are out of sync

My sense about all this is that the Anyplace servers are overloaded. It usually happens between 5-11 pm when most people are watching TV. Is there any plan to resolve these issues, Rogers?

***Added Tags***
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: When is Rogers going to improve Anyplace TV?

@KerryForest : To be honest, I don't believe Rogers will be expending significant effort on Anyplace. They will likely be spending most of their time and effort on Ignite TV and the Ignite App.

Make sure you check the signal and bandwidth (upload/download speed) to your home to make sure that's not the source of the issues you see. Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home and in your neighbourhood. A poor signal is the cause of many of the issues reported on this forum.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the response. I don't think I'm experiencing signal problems since Netflix and Prime Video work fine. I think Rogers is just ignoring Windows users. I recall once you could remotely operate your PVR from your laptop. They took that away. Now it seems they are phasing out Anyplace TV for browsers. I have given up trying to watch TV on my laptop and now use my Samsung tablet. The Anyplace TV app seems to work consistently. Now I need to figure out if it's possible to feed its display to my TV!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KerryForest wrote:

Now I need to figure out if it's possible to feed its display to my TV!

Here's a post on that topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

I'm an Advisor

@KerryForest wrote:

Thanks for the response. I don't think I'm experiencing signal problems since Netflix and Prime Video work fine. I think Rogers is just ignoring Windows users. I recall once you could remotely operate your PVR from your laptop. They took that away. Now it seems they are phasing out Anyplace TV for browsers. I have given up trying to watch TV on my laptop and now use my Samsung tablet. The Anyplace TV app seems to work consistently. Now I need to figure out if it's possible to feed its display to my TV!

Hello @KerryForest & @57,

I am experiencing similar problems on all my wired PCs running Windows 10.  The program plays...then the stream 'freezes' for no reason.

I am on 250/20 Internet plan and am connected directly to the CODA-4582 modem via CAT5e Ethernet cable.  No other services (Netflix, etc) show this problem, and my speed test (www.speedtest.net) consistently tests at 250/20.  No other background tasks / programs running (Steam, UPlay, Origin, Battle.NET, Epic Launcher, BitTorrent, etc etc).

Not just you! 🙂 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having similar trouble with Rogers Anyplace TV.  Stream freezing all the time is my main issue. Complained to Rogers twice, nothing done. Using Mac book pro, high speed connection, never any trouble with Netflix, HBO/crave, or Gem. Since HBO/crave can now be subscribed to without Rogers for $20 a month, I'm probably going to cancel Rogers TV. I guess they don't care if they lose some business.  

Hello @trishstrand,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. 

We would hate to lose you as a customer! Are you experiencing this issue on more than one device? Is it restricted to a specific channel's content or random? When did you first notice this issue? Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can look into this for you in detail.

Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more 🙂.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Zia. To answer your questions: I only watch Anyplace TV on one device: Macbook pro laptop. Chrome browser. Noticed it when I first started using the Anyplace TV website more often, about one month ago. But can see other complaints about this same issue. So I think it has been going on for awhile. Watching something and picture freezes. Sometimes can get it going again by clicking on pause button or trying to push time line along, but sometimes not, it is just frozen. I think this happens more during times when others are watching too, like after 8 pm. But netflix and HBo, etc also have heavy viewing at these same times and they never freeze like that. 

Hello again, @trishstrand

Thanks so much for providing us with the answers to those questions!

The Anyplace TV service connects to the NextBox Terminals inside of your home to provide you with the content on your Mobile Devices. If the signal in the home is poor or if there are issues with the NextBox unit that could cause issues with the App. We'll need to run some tests on the equipment inside of your home to be certain.

Please follow the steps outlined in Post 7 by RogersZia to send us a Private Message so we can look into this for you. You can also reach out via any of the customer support channels located HERE if you prefer.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Now it seems they are phasing out Anyplace TV for browsers. I have given up trying to watch TV on my laptop and now use my Samsung tablet. The Anyplace TV app seems to work consistently. Now I need to figure out if it's possible to feed its display to my TV!