When Is the Navigatr’s TV Listings (TV Guide) Updated?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

When Is the Navigatr’s TV Listings (TV Guide) Updated?

Hi.

When/how often are the TV listings on the Navigatr updated?

SPACE has “Star Trek Shorts” scheduled for Thursday Oct.4 @ 9PM, and the “Doctor Who Season 11” premiere Sunday Oct.7 @ 1:45pm ... neither of these are reflected in the Navigatr yet.

Actually, I noticed for a while that the Rogers Navigatr is following the TV Guide service ... if you check the Zap2it TV listings, they have the updated schedule.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: When Is the Navigatr’s TV Listings (TV Guide) Updated?

Good morning @SpeedyC,

That's a good question! 

We update our guide once a week. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although (most of) the guide is updated once a week, certain programming, like live sports or other changes can be updated during the week, provided the "broadcaster" lets the guide people (or Rogers know). For example the F1 listings often change during the week and I always check the day before to ensure as few disappointments as possible.  The changes are usually reflected in the Navigatr guide "overnight".  For example, if Rogers updates the guide information, you will see it on the Navigatr guide the next morning.  I have seen this often for quite a few different programmes.

Have a look at the following thread for additional information on the topic.  The interesting thing is that there are now several different guides which can contain different information.  Navigatr on the IPG of the PVR, Anyplace and Ignite.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/356610#M38694  Lots of additional posts in this thread discussing the "workings" (or lack thereof) of the IPG

Hi Again.

Because Rogers follows TV Guide's Listings, I will not be able to PVR my show tonight.

If they followed Zap2it's TV listing, I would be able to:

Rogers.JPGZap2it.JPG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SpeedyC : Usually you can do a workaround by recording whatever is on at that time, perhaps extending the start and stop times as necessary. Just because the show is not listed doesn't mean you can't record that time frame.

I know I can ... the point is I shouldn't have to :-(