What is wrong with the guide recently?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: What is wrong with the guide recently?

43 & 46 (History and HGTV) are fine here. As I mentioned earlier, it's highly likely that you have a signal issue at your home or in your neighbourhood.

Call Rogers and have them check your signal.

I'm a Regular

I called Rogers and was told that due to some frequency change for those particular channels many folks in the GTA were not receiving them. They are sending over a tech to change the filter in the outside box.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Cap07 wrote:

I called Rogers and was told that due to some frequency change for those particular channels many folks in the GTA were not receiving them. They are sending over a tech to change the filter in the outside box.

Those filters are from the analog days to restrict the channels customers could receive. I thought they were removed during routine maintenance, but I guess not if they didn't interfere with digital until now.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Regular

Tech showed up and changed what he said were connectors. Said the cable must be faulty possibly damaged. Not surprised considering the last guy buried it about 2 inches below ground. So now we have to wait a month or two for another guy to show up and lay a new cable 2 inches underground. Channels were good for one day.
I'm a Regular

Just hoping Rogers remembers to send someone to install new cable outside.
I'm a Regular

Rogers Guide doesn't list MARS on HDNAT for this Monday at 9PM. I want to record it but the guide is showing something else on that channel at that time.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cap07 I assume you're talking about the IPG on your Digital PVR. Unfortunately, this happens far too often, as discussed in the following IPG thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/434430#M48775

I suggest you record whatever is on at the time. It's interesting that Anyplace IPG shows it properly, but it doesn't show properly in the Digital PVR's IPG.  It'a a pain, but Rogers doesn't seem to care as you can notice by the huge number of complaints in my thread link.

I'm a Regular

@57 wrote:

@Cap07 I assume you're talking about the IPG on your Digital PVR. Unfortunately, this happens far too often, as discussed in the following IPG thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/m-p/434430#M48775

I suggest you record whatever is on at the time. It's interesting that Anyplace IPG shows it properly, but it doesn't show properly in the Digital PVR's IPG.  It'a a pain, but Rogers doesn't seem to care as you can notice by the huge number of complaints in my thread link.

Yeah. Digital PVR's IPG shows yet another different show for this coming Monday at 9PM on HDNAT instead of MARS. Was unaware of the complexity involved in the writing of TV schedules. They should replace the current over-worked crew with sixth graders. Makes me wonder how many good shows I'm missing because of the guide they've stuck us with. Oh well, better off not watching too much telly anyway.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation