What is wrong with the guide recently?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

What is wrong with the guide recently?

Recently when using the guide to find what episodes are on the information is useless.  Telling me that Jimmy Kimmel is the host of his own show is not telling me anything...I want to know the guests.  Same thing with comedy shows, Big Bang, Two and a Half Men....telling me the general show idea is useless, I need to know which episode it is.

Why has this change and when is it going to become useful again? 

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: What is wrong with the guide recently?

The guide info has been up and down, and inconsistent on some stuff it seems Smiley Sad
Probably has to deal still with the guide provider change a while back.

Last I heard is this stuff is still being looked into by Rogers and the company, but not any more i go than that, and of course no ETA Smiley Sad

I'm a Regular

okay so they are aware, apparently being looked at, no eta

well it's nice to know at least others have complained

I'm a Regular

I have been disappointed by the guide lately showing little to no relevant information.  But was shocked recently by the tone of some of the information.  In particular when referencing Ellen Degeneres stand up and her show.  They are just this side of derogatory, suggesting that detractors might want to not watch her show.  Other programs that are treated this way are obviously shows that wouldn't fit in with a right wing religious agenda. 

I'm a Regular

There appears to be a glitch with the onscreen Guide recently. The 2 channels at the bottom of the 5 in the list are illegible and the channel in the middle is invisible. Also noticed History Channel 43 and HGTV 46 are very poor. They were fine about a week ago and so was the Guide. I rebooted the box/PVR but it didn't help. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see nothing wrong. What PVR are you using?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cap07 wrote:

There appears to be a glitch with the onscreen Guide recently. The 2 channels at the bottom of the 5 in the list are illegible and the channel in the middle is invisible. Also noticed History Channel 43 and HGTV 46 are very poor. They were fine about a week ago and so was the Guide. I rebooted the box/PVR but it didn't help. Anyone else seeing this?

No such issues here on my 9865 (NB3) or 8300HD - guide "looks" fine.  Perhaps you have a signal issue at your home or neighbourhood - you can call Rogers and have them check and perhaps you can try another reboot, but if the signal is poor, then the firmware may not load properly.

I'm a Regular

Cisco Nextbox 9865HD. Had it for about two years. No problems with the new guide since we had it uploaded on us about six months ago.  So no one is seeing anything weird with the Guide in the last week and a bit?

I love the stability and predictability of 21st century tech.

I'm a Regular

Tried another reboot. The Guide is back to normal but channels 43 [History] and 46 [HHGTV] are blacked out, not even the warning about not being a subscriber, just black screen. I notice we can get HGTV on 257.

Anyone else experiencing missing channels?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I get History on 45, HHGTV on 41 and 598 and HGTV (SD) on 257 with VIP and the Channels show fine in my IPG with my SA8300HD.  Another new Navigatr "feature"?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation