What is going on with Rogers OnDemand? The menu is so slow, it's ridiculous!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What is going on with Rogers OnDemand? The menu is so slow, it's ridiculous!

I find it extremely frustrating every time I use Rogers OnDemand.  Not only has the new menu changed to ancient (DOS like) functionality, it is extremely slow.  What is going on with them?  Their services are getting worse, in my opinion.  I wish there were more competitors.  I would jump ship in a heartbeat!

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: What is going on with Rogers OnDemand? The menu is so slow, it's ridiculous!

Hello @cjcollins,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having with OnDemand. Do you have the new Navigatr guide? Have you tried rebooting the box to see if this fixes the issue? If rebooting the box doesn't resolve this problem, we may have to look further into this by running a signal test and going from there. Please reboot the box and let me know the outcome. If it doesn't resolve the issue, I will PM you through @CommunityHelps and we can look further into your account and arrange a technician visit as needed. 

- How long have you been noticing the slow response since when using OnDemand? Is it only on OnDemand?

- What digital box do you have? 

- Have you spoken to technical support regarding this issue and if so, what did they say?

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: What is going on with Rogers OnDemand? The menu is so slow, it's ridiculous!

It is just OnDemand.  I just got a new cable box so it's not that.  Besides, it was slow even before.  Ever since they changed the program itself.  As I mentioned in my original text, the original program was so much better.  Now I hate it.  Even some of the programs are no longer available that used to be available.  The service has been downgraded, in my opinion.  In the past couple of months, there have been several things that I'm not happy about.  

I'm sure I'm not alone.

Retired Moderator

@cjcollins,

I can understand your frustration. We don't have any known open tickets for slow response using OnDemand. This means it's not been reported as a widely known problem. What I can do though is check the signals on your cable lines to ensure they are upto standard. Since OnDemand is a 2-way service, it requires a strong signal to your box. There could a possibly be a signal issue. When was the last time you had a technician over? Do you have multiple boxes or this the only one you have? If you have more than one box, is it happening on all? Please let me know. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have another box for my phone service but there doesn't appear to be any problems with it.  It is located in the basement, and all the lights are on it, except for the on-line light, which is ok, so I'm not sure.

Retired Moderator

Thanks @cjcollins, Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I want to run a diagnostic test on your cable lines to make sure your signal to the digital box is okay. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

While I contact you via CommunityHelps, please unplug the power cord of your TV digital box for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Try accessing OnDemand once it loads and let me know if the response time is better. 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Mine is very slow also. The other thing that has changed  is,  if you pause something, you hardly have time for a bathroom break before it goes back to the main menu. Then you have to do it all over again and it's so slow. Starting from the beginning over and over again. I pay a fortune for all my rogers products, so would expect better service. 

Retired Moderator

Hi @cyn1949,

Are you still experiencing this issue with the menu being slow to navigate through? Have you tried rebooting the box? Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

After all these years, Rogers On Demand has not improved one bit.  It is the most frustrating TV viewing system I know of, mostly because it is soooo sloooow.  Imagine that Rogers boast about high speed.  I have 2 boxes and they are both slow.  Several times I have to reboot.

JS64