What is HDTV Channel Pak

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What is HDTV Channel Pak

I recently renegotiated a bundle package, but didn't change my TV package other then add Shomi and Game Center Live (which I don't know what it is). I used to have Digital Plus, but it now states that has been cancelled and I now have HDTV Channel Pak. I did a search but can't seem to get details on the HDTV Channel Pak. Is it the same as Digital Plus?

Thank

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: What is HDTV Channel Pak

The HDTV Channel Pak is an add on of high-definition channels for customers who have the HD terminals. There's no cost for it.

However it is only an add-on so you would have it in addition to whatever your core cable package is, whether it is Digital Plus or otherwise.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

The HDTV Channel Pak is an add on of high-definition channels for customers who have the HD terminals. There's no cost for it.

However it is only an add-on so you would have it in addition to whatever your core cable package is, whether it is Digital Plus or otherwise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply lockdown2341, I  noticed it in the "My Rogers" page but not on my paper bill. I just checked again online and it's no longer listed so maybe it was a glitch. 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

It would be listed. But it would be there with "0.00" next to it because it is technically a separate item, but there no charge since it is part of your package if you have a HD Terminal or HDPVR.

Regardless, I'm glad the explanation was helpful.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Nickel11 I don't get paper bills anymore and when I did, it was just a couple times a year, whenever there was a price increase or channel realignment notice. Looking at my current bill I see

Digital VIP Cable * 73.99
4 Digital Adapter 0.00
Digital Services Fee 2.99
HDTV Channel Pak 0.00

Not everybody will have Digital Service fee because now it's hidden in the package. It probably depends on when you got your package. Maybe the same holds for  HDTV Channel Pak.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

It always shows up as:

HDTV Channel Pak           0.00

Again, not a charge. And if you don't have a HD box you won't see it. Now the OP MIGHT have seen

HDTV Specialty Channel Package     9.95

That is something different. That is an add-on offered with some HD Channels you can't get otherwise with a few channels you can't get otherwise. Anyway, it seems the issue has been resolved.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

what channels does HDTV include?

if its removed, i wont be seeing them? no one mentioned specific chanels.

please advise

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

what is Digital VIP? and why is rogers telling me it looks like youre not using it, and thus recommend it be removed?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Digital VIP is probably an old designation from when analog and digital cable co-existed.

When I first got a PVR and switched from analog Classic Combo Plus to Digital VIP I got

Digital VIP Cable $XX.XX
Digital Services Fee 2.99
HDTV Channel Pak 0.00

On my bill. I still have that.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AKTOR_ : If you're on Digital VIP you're on an old grandfathered package and there is no way currently to see those subscribed channels (other than in your guide) because that package doesn't exist any more.

If you like that channel lineup, do not switch away from it to any of the newer packages because you will end up paying more money for fewer channels.