What happened with RT news

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

What happened with RT news

Was flipping through channels and noticed RT news is nolonger available.  I get a message saying I have to order it.  When and why did this happen?  Feels like I'm paying more for less.  I guess it would be more accurate to say I'm paying the same for less.  Downsizing.  Is this the beginning of a trend? 

I also noticed I got something called CGTN which looks like Chinese CNN in english (ala RT news).   Is this a foreign news swap?

Cheers

***Added Labels***

Re: What happened with RT news

Good evening @myusername100,

Thanks for your post!

Seeing that you no longer benefit from a channel you use to watch can definitely be upsetting.

If you were subscribing to Russia Today as part of your TV package (VIP and above), keep in mind that we make changes to our TV packages to provide the best entertainment experience possible.

Sometimes that means adding or removing channels. As such, we have removed RT from all customers on our legacy platform. We’ve also removed RT from the default channel line-up of our in-market TV packages.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you were able to access RT as part of a free preview, it has unfortunately ended. If you would like to subscribe to this channel, you can add it to any of our in-market packages (Starter, Select, Popular or Premier) at an additional cost. 

CGTN stands for Chinese Global Television Network. Visit their website for more information! Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude
I'm a Senior Advisor

@myusername100I used to have RT as part of my VIP package, but it was removed July 31 and nothing was added to replace it.  Channels are being removed every 2 or 3 months.  RT is now an extra cost subscription channel.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As discussed in the following thread and probably a recent bill.  Many people don't read their bills...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Again-Rogers-takes-but-does-not-give-back/m-p/...

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

As discussed in the following thread and probably a recent bill.  Many people don't read their bills...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Again-Rogers-takes-but-does-not-give-back/m-p/...

Ahhh.... thanks.   And yes, I'm one of them,   I only read the bill if I notice a price change.   It also doesn't help that I have to log in to read my bill instead of having it sent to me.  Going off topic, can we request to have our bill mailed to us?  postal mail?

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

@myusername100 wrote:

I only read the bill if I notice a price change.   It also doesn't help that I have to log in to read my bill instead of having it sent to me.  Going off topic, can we request to have our bill mailed to us?  postal mail?

Thanks

I too seldom looked at the last page of my bills for those notices. But you can see all your bills on line going back 18 months. When Rogers switched from paper to electronic billing, you could still get paper bills for a $3 charge, but some seniors without Internet complained, so the charge was rescinded because it was discriminatory. If you have a good reason for needing paper bills, call Rogers to see what they can do for you. 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@myusername100 wrote:

I only read the bill if I notice a price change.   It also doesn't help that I have to log in to read my bill instead of having it sent to me.  Going off topic, can we request to have our bill mailed to us?  postal mail?

Thanks

I too seldom looked at the last page of my bills for those notices. But you can see all your bills on line going back 18 months. When Rogers switched from paper to electronic billing, you could still get paper bills for a $3 charge, but some seniors without Internet complained, so the charge was rescinded because it was discriminatory. If you have a good reason for needing paper bills, call Rogers to see what they can do for you. 

Thanks for the tip