What Channels are part of "Digital Plus"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: What Channels are part of "Digital Plus"

Sorry, @Nickel11  That was $3.00 more for that package of time shift stations - typo.  Oops.

Bruce

jt-kanata
I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to Rogers about this same concern today because I was trying to add a single channel (Gusto) to my Plus package. The only way I could add 1 channel was to add a $6 package that included BET, MTV3 and a few other channels. Made no sense. I asked about the difference between the Plus package from last year and the Popular package. The lady was kind enough to run through the differences. I'd lose my Canadian time shifting ($3 to add) but I'd gain a few channels. I think it was like TSN2, H2, Action, Disney Channel - It wasn't much, and basically all stuff I'd never watch, but it would increase the cost of my monthly bill from $62 to $74 per month. But then I could add Gusto as a free bonus channel I would be given the option to pick from a short list.

End result, I stayed with my current package, and decided not to add one channel that I watch regularly as "filler tv". Similar to last year when I removed Golf Channel because it would have cost me $16/month, and US Network Time Shifting because its $10 / month (I watch football so you need an array of US channels hoping the game is on), Rogers themselves seem to be out there to convince me that I don't need cable TV, since the channels I want cost so much I don't bother.

I think Rogers has really misunderstood its customers. We want cheaper, more flexible packages. Instead, they seem to be throwing a few more useless channels into their old packages and charging $12 / month more.

Pam3
I've Been Here Awhile

I still have the Digital Plus package (which is no longer offered) and just did a comparison of what is offered in the Select Package to what I have now... 

The Select Package is $49.99 (100 Channels) vs the Popular Package $74.99 (130+ Channels). 

The Select Package doesn't included many of the channels that we like to watch, but ARE already included with the Digital Plus Package. Doesn't make sense to pay $30 more to get the same channels that we ALREADY HAVE. 

A&E

BBC Canada 

BBC Kids

Bravo (HD)

DIY Network

Discovery Channel

Documentary Channel

Family Channel

National Geographic

Nickelodeon

OWN (Oprah)

Science Discovery

Slice

OWN (Oprah)

TLC

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

The challenge for a lot of us who are on older bundles, is that some of us (in my case a click of a button error they couldn't reverse, so they compensated me for price difference for balance of term), the result was that I ended up on a term with fixed prices.

So when that term runs out my prices jump considerably for all those services.  They then offer the new packages which are always less than we had, a bit less in price than the old package was being pushed to.

So you can stay on the old package, but check to see if there are any conditions where the current price runs out and you lose your bundle discounts, as well as get the price increases added too.

That is why me made the decision, which fortunately we can as we are in GTA, to go antenna and subscription Netflix and Crave.

It does change our viewing habits, but 15 years ago we had 26 channels and no speciality channels of any type.  We lived then, we will live now.

We each need to vary carefully do the work of what do we watch, what will the current plans cost, what do the new ones cost and what do you lose - note I said lose - in every case, you will lose something and to get it back you get what was just described - filler for your one channel.

And as stated, you may be able to get some reduction in price, time limited, and then you start this whole exercise again.

Small inexpensive packages with choice that users really desire is not the model anymore.  Unfortunately that is just the way it is, I learned this the hard way too.

I was used to years of Rogers providing value and fair price, then things changed about 3 years ago across all their product lines.

So I figure out a new model, one I can afford.

I wish luck to each of us as we ultimately end up in the decision making process of we can't afford the packages we enjoy and the new ones are a compromise at usually higher prices.

Good luck everybody, I truly understand what this challenge involves, and just how hard Rogers has decided to make it for us to compare our old to new packages, but the same is true for all companies.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Or you can do what my daughter did. Long before the new cable packages they cut back to basic cable and got an Android box.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone provide an update to this questions?   i.e. which channels are part of the Digital Plus package?

RogersLaura

Hello @mjm2,

We realize this thread is a bit outdated with regards to the info presented.

Since we no longer provide the full channel listing details online for older, grandfathered packages, we'd need to chat with you via PM to provide that info for your specific area. It is quite the list, so please send us a message @CommunityHelps so we can assist! 🙂

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

Who is the "we" you are referring to?  Rogers?

While i was adding this entry in the community site, i also reached out to tech support and eventually reached out to someone in the loyalty team.   One of these two individuals eventually sent me an email  which contained an attachment which detailed list of channels in the Digital plus lineup comparing it to the Popular package.  

Another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Rogers?

The reason why i asked the question is that recently, the TV mix and Sports channels were removed from the Digital Plus lineup.    Apparently, those channels were never supposed to be part of the Digital Plus lineup.   if that's really the case, and i have my doubts, it only took Rogers 9 years to figure this out.  When they DID figure it out, they didn't even have the courtesy of informing me, or even their tech support, that someone had made this call.  Bad customer service !

Rico18
I've Been Around

It is impossible to find the channel line up. Your solution is NOT a solution as there is no way to find 'packages' or channel listing. All corporate efforts are in pushing IGNITE. No trust in corporate communications. Bundle off.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Rico18 wrote:

It is impossible to find the channel line up. Your solution is NOT a solution as there is no way to find 'packages' or channel listing. All corporate efforts are in pushing IGNITE. No trust in corporate communications. Bundle off.

You are right.  But that started long before Ignite. Twenty years ago you could go on the Rogers site and see a list of your channels in numerical order and their names. That became pages of fancy logos and graphics, but no numbers as they appear in the IPG. Calls to Rogers for a list were fruitless. I eventually spent a few days paging through the IPG and making a spreadsheet.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario