What Channels are part of "Digital Plus"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

What Channels are part of "Digital Plus"

At the end of a coversation with Rogers, I was solicited in an attempt to upgrade my bundle package which was fine if we could agree on a price. We told the Rogers rep that we had Digital Plus for our TV and was told that it compared to the "Select package" and for X amount of money she could upgrade us to the Popular package. She stated it included channels such as HGTV, Food Network and a list of other channels. We told her that we already recieved those channels, therefore there was no incentive to pay more for the same channels. We got into a despute about what Digital Plus channels included and in the end we said "no thank you" as we clearly recieved those channels.

Question:

How do we find out what channels should be included in the Digital Plus package and what package does it compare to  such as "Select, Popular, Premier". Were located in Brampton, Ontario and have been with Rogers for over 30 years straight.

Thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: What Channels are part of "Digital Plus"

@Nickel11:

Rogers' Website shows the packages:

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/packages

Click on "view channels" in the packages tab.

Rogers also has channel listings:

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/channels

You can see checkmarks beside the included channels. If you click on "see more channels" at the bottom, you are presented with all the channels, but it requires a lot of scrolling.

As for the channels you currently have, that may be found archived somewhere but it may be difficult to find.  It may be easier to make a list of any channel that you're likely to watch in your current package and compare it to the new packages.

Notes:

1. You must have JavaScript enabled as well as the pop-up blocker turned off in your browser.

2. It's extremely difficult to do the comparison you want, but suffice it to say that the newer packages typically have fewer channels than the "similar" previous packages.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Nickel11 wrote:

At the end of a coversation with Rogers, I was solicited in an attempt to upgrade my bundle package which was fine if we could agree on a price. We told the Rogers rep that we had Digital Plus for our TV and was told that it compared to the "Select package" and for X amount of money she could upgrade us to the Popular package. She stated it included channels such as HGTV, Food Network and a list of other channels. We told her that we already recieved those channels, therefore there was no incentive to pay more for the same channels. We got into a despute about what Digital Plus channels included and in the end we said "no thank you" as we clearly recieved those channels.

Question:

How do we find out what channels should be included in the Digital Plus package and what package does it compare to  such as "Select, Popular, Premier". Were located in Brampton, Ontario and have been with Rogers for over 30 years straight.

Thanks

Be very careful switching your existing package for one of the new ones. From what I have been able to determine, the new packages offer fewer channels for more money than the old ones. Also, in the last couple of years or so, Rogers no longer provides a channel number listing to customers showing what their package is supposed to get.  The best you can do now is page through the IPG on your TV and make a note of the channels you presently receive and whether they're HD or SD.  That may not be too bad with Digital Plus, but I have VIP and it's quite an ordeal with 600-odd channels and many, many duplicates. Next, you need to compare them to the new packages, which isn't easy because Rogers doesn't give you channel numbers, only names.

Bottom line, look before you leap, because you could end up with less bang for your buck.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

The links I provided in post 2 do show a channel number.  Remapped channels may only show one number.  Of course you need to put in your location (postal code) first.

The channel numbers and sometimes the availability of certain channels depends on your location.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR:

The links I provided in post 2 do show a channel number.  Remapped channels may only show one number.  Of course you need to put in your location (postal code) first.

The channel numbers and sometimes the availability of certain channels depends on your location.

You also say, "As for the channels you currently have, that may be found archived somewhere but it may be difficult to find.  It may be easier to make a list of any channel that you're likely to watch in your current package and compare it to the new packages."

Those can be found using Google, but only for a few selected metropolitan areas. There is no place on the Rogers website anymore that will give each customer a listing of the channel numbers they're supposed to receive with their package.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply, although I was hoping for an easier method as I don't really have to time to go make up a list. Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

OLDYELLR

Thanks for the reply. I've read mention that some of the older packages were better which is the main reason I've kept the Digital package for so long. I hesitate in trying to negotiate any package as I find I'm not getting the right information from a Rogers rep. As it stands now, I don't believe an upgrade will be very cost effective as I'm not getting as much as Rogers leads me to believe.

Thanks for the replies and I'll go over the links one more time, possibly this weekend.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Nickel11 wrote:

OLDYELLR

Thanks for the reply. I've read mention that some of the older packages were better which is the main reason I've kept the Digital package for so long. I hesitate in trying to negotiate any package as I find I'm not getting the right information from a Rogers rep. As it stands now, I don't believe an upgrade will be very cost effective as I'm not getting as much as Rogers leads me to believe.

I agree. Even if you negotiate a deal, it will be temporary, 1 or 2 years.  Very seldom will you find an improvement on a phased out grandfathered package anymore.

I Plan to Stick Around

OLDYELLR

Thanks once again for the reply.

I get tempted to upgrade for say $15.00 per month but for only a couple more channels it's not worth it, besides, Rogers can't even agree on what I presently have. The other issue is when I picked up the Digital Plus many years ago, they've dropped about 6 channels over those many years so even if I get an upgraded package, who's to say, they don't do that same thing and start droping the channels I wanted.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I attempted to build a spreadsheet of comparisons but it turned out to be just way too much work.

So I went to the Premium channel listings which includes the channel numbers, looked for where channels were not included in the package, and then checked on my own box to see if I got them.

The only think I did find was that they are somewhat comparable (same bonus options related to NHL), but the time shifting channels for Canadian network are out of the package now - it is 3.00 if you want them.

So I will agree comparable, but if we are using truth in advertising, it is a reduction in service channel availability.

The other challenge for me is that the listed bundles are not like the ones I had in terms of the mix - phone service is the ultimage bundle, Internet is 60 which is the Better package, and TV is the same as my current Rogers VIP - with the time shift gone (3.00)  So tough to compare - I will have to call in and see if they would create the same bundle.

Now when you look at the bundle overall with the same telephone and cable as we have now if I put the time shift back, it would be 3.00 more, but it is real tough to compare the costs between past bundle and new one, because they jump the Internet from my current 60 to 250 which I absolutely do not need.  60 provides all the performance we need in our house - if we watch Netflix, it is on the same TV as our Cable box, so we won't be watching more than 1 Netflix stream at once and there are only 2 of us in the home - typically, if we do 40GB in a month, that is pushing it.  So we neither need the bandwidth, or the speed at this time, or probably ever.

So, I will have to phone in, and probably speak to customer relations or retentions, whatever they call themselves these days and see what I can get.

Plus, I have to assess the cancellation fees and whether I even want to go contract or not.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

BS, Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "time shift 3:00"?