Weak sound signal

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Weak sound signal

I have recently upgraded to an HD TV from an analogue one.  I am using the same cable box connected via cable to the TV.  The sound signal is quite weak for all channels on cable.  We are presently at 100% and it is audible but not loud.  When I awitch to AV to play WII the sound is teriffic and I need to lower it to about 12%.  Sound is also good using HDMI from a DVD.  How can I boost the sound signal on the cable?  I see no option using the settings on the remote.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Weak sound signal

@Dagalee wrote:

I have recently upgraded to an HD TV from an analogue one.  I am using the same cable box connected via cable to the TV.  The sound signal is quite weak for all channels on cable.  We are presently at 100% and it is audible but not loud.  When I awitch to AV to play WII the sound is teriffic and I need to lower it to about 12%.  Sound is also good using HDMI from a DVD.  How can I boost the sound signal on the cable?  I see no option using the settings on the remote.

What box do you have? 

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you Lurker, 

Our box is a Scientific Atlanta, Explorer 1840, Assembly P/N 4009808 Rev 1.0.  Hope that is enough to identify the box we have.

Retired Moderator RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator

Hello 

I hope that helps, if not reach out anytime! 

Cheers 

RogersNatasha

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you Natasha,

I applied your suggestion to both CBL and TV buttons but I see not change in the sound volume.  However, my volume is controlled by the television remote not the Rogers remote.  Does that matter?

Retired Moderator RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator

When you use the Rogers remote and try the volume control are you seeing a volume bar come up? If so is it the same colour as when you use the TV remote for volume? 

Thank you

RogersNatasha

I'm Here A Lot

The Rogers remote has no effect on the TV controls.  The remote had been set for our old TV but not for the new one we just purchased.  So when I press volume on the Rogers remote I get nothing.  The Rogers remote will turn the box on or off and change the channels only.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The instructions in post 4 should "tell" the remote to control the cable STB and you should see the volume bar for the STB come up on the TV.  When you're controlling the STB, set it to the max.

The other option is to go into the STB "Settings" and set the volume to "fixed" instead of "variable".  This will also provide the  maximum volume from the STB to the TV.

Here's a link to additional instructions for the remote so that you can programme it properly to control your TV - this is called "global volume lock"  You can download the manual for your remote from this site, find the codes for your TV, etc.

http://www.urcsupport.com/

You can also programme the remote to turn the TV on/off with the STB. This is called "Master Power" in the operating manual for the remote. You need to programme in the appropriate code for your TV first, then do Master Power and Global Volume Lock.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you that has worked.  I set the audio to fixed and I now have adequate sound at 50% volume.  I'll go to the link and get the remote manual and do what you have suggested to make the Rogrs remote the master one.

Thanks again.