WWE Net Pak HD problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

WWE Net Pak HD problem

Hey folks,

I'm hoping someone can help. I subscribe to the WWE Net Pak, but there is a problem with the HD channel (512). I'm in Moncton, N.B. 

Unlike every other HD channel we have, I have to manually change the aspect ratio on both of our televisions to stretch the feed out to widescreen with this one particular channel. Otherwise, it's clearly 'squished' to 4:3. With every other station, the TV adjusts on its own to whatever aspect ratio is required. What's more is even after I make the change, I'm not sure the picture is exactly 16:9. 

I realize a lot of the content on the Net Pakistan is older and is not high-definition, but the new footage doesn't like right either. In my 5 or 6 years as a Rogers customer, I've never seen a channel do this.

Thanks.

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WWE Net Pak HD problem

Hello @kissfan_5 ,

If you still need any technical assistance please reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

haha Really? Because @RogersHelps directed me to this forum. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

kissfan_5:

While it's true the older content is 4:3, channel 512 broadcasts in 16:9 at 1280x720 (720P). That means your older content programming will be pillar boxed with black bars on both sides, but the aspect ratio looks normal. That is, images are not stretched or squeezed. What kind of cable box do you have and does it pass through a 720P signal? I have an 8300HD PVR and it's set up to pass through whatever signal it receives and my TV automatically switches resolutions as necessary. I have no problems with the aspect ratio on channel 512. I'm in Toronto, but I doubt that's relevant.