Volume Control not working on remote and cable box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Volume Control not working on remote and cable box

As title says the volume control on both the rogers remote and the rogers cable box do not work. The system still outputs audio, it just can't be adjusted. I have tried multiple methods to re-program the remote and reset the cable box. Has anyone run into a similar situation before?  I realize I will most likely have to get rogers tech to look at it and probably get a replacement unit.

Cable box: Cisco Explorer 8642 HD

Remote: 1056B03

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Volume Control not working on remote and cable box

How are you connected to the box?

If its via HDMI.. the volume on the box, CAN NOT be adjusted.  It outputs at line level.

Normally, when you program your TV to the TV button on it.. the remote will then while on CBL, then change the channels on the rogers box, but the volume on the TV.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Is this a new box and remote and didn't work from the start, or is it something that's just happened now? When the remote is set up correctly, after pressing the CBL button, the remote should control both the TV and the box. When you push TV button, it should just control the TV.

If the instructions on the back of the remote don't work to set it up, go to http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=225

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes my cable box is connected to the TV via HDMI. So the cable box is outputing volume at its max? It seems at bit low even when the TV volume is all the way up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Shouldnt be TOO low.

I have mine that way.. and only have the TV on 10 of 40 and it more than loud enough.

in the SETTINGS what is the audio set to?

I've Been Here Awhile

Settings under audio are as follows:

Audio Output: Dolby Digital

Audio Range: Narrow

Volume Control: Fixed

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try chaning it from narrow to... i think the other option is WIDE?
(dont have it infront of me at the moment to check)

I'm an Advisor

Michael,

Try this:

- Change "Volume Control" to "VARIABLE".

- Press and hold the "VOLUME +" button on the front of the PVR (front left) until the volume is at max (see TV).

- Change "Volume Control" to "FIXED".

This should help the issue.  Keep the Audio Range to "NARROW" for the loudest possible volume - any other setting (especially WIDE) will make the volume lower than normal (except for the explosions/loud booms).

Hope this helps!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you 

I'm an Advisor

No problem!