Various TV channels pixelating

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Various TV channels pixelating

Pixelation on US networks

Anyone else have trouble with these channels.It is always all three do it at same time,NBC,CBS,ABC. Nothing else. Boston channels.i am in NB.

Highlighted

Hello, @phil57.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. We can run diagnostics on those channels when you are tuned in. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can proceed with the troubleshooting. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Having a problem where specific channels (CityTV, Weather, CP24, Comedy) either have a blank screen or the picture breaks up. I called support and they said there are signal issues in my area. Rogers tech has already been here and replaced the cable from the outside box to my house. They didn't look at anything in the house, so does that mean they identified the problem as something outside?

While waiting to chat with an agent this time, everything went back to working normally.

Cable box is a Nextbox 4K. I noticed a few slight blips on my other TV that has a PVR, but not as bad.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, the signal issue can either be outside the home or inside your residence.  Talk to your neighbours to see if they have similar issues and also talk to Rogers to find out where the problem is. They can usually see where the problem is remotely while talking to a CSR.

Here's a post on the topic.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Highlighted

Hello @TDIGuy,

Thanks for your participation in the forums and congrats on your very first post! Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and well! 😊

I can understand how tedious it can be to have the TV picture cut in and out when you are trying to enjoy a program--it's definitely not ideal. Unfortunately, due to the current situation, our techs are not entering any homes to physically check any equipment or connections. This is for your safety and their safety as well.

Has the issue returned since you posted your message here? If so, you may want to try a quick reboot of your TV box by unplugging the coaxial cable and power cord for about 30 seconds. Once it reboots, monitor it for a few days to see if the issue comes back again and let us know.

Note: If you notice that the issue is only happening on specific channels (CityTV, Weather, CP24, Comedy) and multiple TVs are affected simultaneously, then it could be a network issue and we may need to lodge a ticket for that.

You can also send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look and we can go from there. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura