Various TV channels pixelating

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Various TV channels pixelating

TV Picture Freezes

All programs (every channel, movies I rent) are freezing or glitching repeatedly. I tried rebooting the PVR twice, which seemed to solve the problem, but only for a short time. I own the Rogers PVR box. Any suggestions/ solutions?

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @MrStephen

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

We can run a diagnostics on your boxes to determine the cause, addressing the issue involves in accessing your account. Next time you are online please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into your issue further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

Please contact me regarding this issue.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @MrStephen,

I am going to send you a PM via @CommunityHelps. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you

I've Been Here Awhile

Poor cable quality Barrie South 

It's happening again .
Cable quality is terrible .
Sound cuts out, screen blacks out or goes pixelated.
This occurred last fall and we went through the process of a tech coming to the house looking at internal setup and working his way out to box at the street. All was in order. He was asked by 3 other neighbors if he could fix their cable . All had same issues as us. The tech escalated it to a maintenance call as the issue was at a distribution box and out of his capability. Within a day the issue was fixed . I was told it was found in this distribution box and everything should be fine .
All was good until a week ago when same issue started. Call to customer service again , they want to send a tech out .
We tried in vain to get them to understand that we've been through all this before and they still sent a tech to the house today !!!!! NHL finals are on , if my cable is unwatchable
I'm seriously going to look into IPTV .
And to top it off I am unable to use wifi at the moment as my rogers internet connection is unavailable.
Again
Anyone else paying for this?

*** Edited Labels ***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Frustr8edBarrie:

These sorts of issues are often related to a signal strength issue in your home or in your neighbourhood.  In this case it sounds like a neighbourhood issue.  They need to send a tech (inside tech) to your home to check it's nothing in your home.  If your home is OK they then send a different tech (outside tech) to fix the issue in your neighbourhood. It is the process.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

I've Been Here Awhile

We have already been through having the inside tech go through our tv hook ups. inspecting mainline from house. Signal strengths back to box on street. All were just fine. Since that time (September 2016) nothing has changed on our end and issues are the same as before. issues occur on  all tvs, mostly in evening when , from what Im told happens because of the increased usage. This is an outside issue requiring an outside tech.

When this occurred late last year, they were able to easily diagnose the problem once they investigated at the main distribution box. It seems they would rather inconvenience us by following the "process" rather than going back to the original location of the problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Frustr8edBarrie

@Frustr8edBarrie wrote:

We have already been through having the inside tech go through our tv hook ups. inspecting mainline from house. Signal strengths back to box on street. All were just fine. Since that time (September 2016) nothing has changed on our end and issues are the same as before. issues occur on  all tvs, mostly in evening when , from what Im told happens because of the increased usage. This is an outside issue requiring an outside tech.

When this occurred late last year, they were able to easily diagnose the problem once they investigated at the main distribution box. It seems they would rather inconvenience us by following the "process" rather than going back to the original location of the problem.

Just because last time it was the main distribution box doesn't mean that it's the box again. Hopefully they find what is causing the issue and get it fixed, but they have to follow protocol. 

I've Been Around

Channel 22 is constantly freezing and pixelating, and is worse at night when trying to watch the Jays. Two technician visits later and the problem persists. Other posts I have seen say eventually Rogers figured out there was a feed/signal issue with a line into the neighbourhood. It is not my box or modem or tv. All other channels are fine. How do I get Rogers to fix this??