Using HDMI splitter after output from HD Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Using HDMI splitter after output from HD Nextbox

Is anyone tried to use the HDMI splitter to successfully split the HDMI output from the HD Nextbox Exlplorer 8600 to one more TV set?Smiley Surprised 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Using HDMI splitter after output from HD Nextbox

Hi @Terabyte,

Welcome to the Community!

I've personally never tried to split the HDMI output from a Nextbox to another set. Maybe someone in the Community could help you out with your inquiry? @OLDYELLR @Gdkitty @Datalink feel free to chime in Smiley Happy.

Thanks,

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

An HDMI splitter should work, however, some inexpensive ones have been problematical due to signal loss or poor quality.  The only way to know for sure is to try it, perhaps purchasing it from a store with a good return policy.

In addition, the cables for connecting to/from the splitter need to be appropriate. Cables longer than about 10' need be of a thicker gauge (say 24 or 22 ga) to ensure a good signal, or perhaps utilize RedMere technology if you're attempting to go 25' or more.

You may be able to purchase a used HD STB for about the same money and then be able to watch different programming on each TV.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your info. Yes, that's just what i guess. Will try to buy all parts and test.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, I added some additional information to my previous post, perhaps while you were typing your response. Good luck.