Used never used Nextbox 3 problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Used never used Nextbox 3 problem

I purchased on Kijijii a used Nextbox 3 for my spare digital tv.  The Rogers PVR was originally purchased from Future Shop a few years ago, all in it's original packaging, and to the best of my knowledge, was not previously used.  When I tried to connect it, the time started to do a countdown & countup endlessly.  I would see for example, h489 etc. on the time display for over an hour and it would not get passed this function.  I unplugged and replugged everything several times but am still  unable to find out what might be causing this to happen.  There is already another Nextbox 3 working well in the house.  Could it be that because it's a few years old it needs to upgrade?  If I left it in this time warp for say a day or two, would it maybe correct itself so I can continue the install or is that wishful thinking?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Used never used Nextbox 3 problem

Firstly.. the nextbox 3 only came out.. last june/july, its only a year old.
This is the 9865 model?  Or the 8642? (nextbox 2)

Yes, likely due to the age of it not being connected.. it would need to download ALOT of updates, to be up to date software wise, and this may take quite a while, with numerious reboots inbetween.

But.... did you actualy call to ADD this to your account?  Even though its a 'purchased' box, it needs to be added and authorized on the account, you just cant plug it in and have it work.

I've Been Here Awhile

I didn't call to have this 2nd Nextbox registered.  That and the updates is probably what's wrong.  Thanks so much for your input.  I will call and register and proceed from there.

Dotz

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, hopefully should be good from there, once it's initialized and added.