Updates to the Navigatr TV Guide - Version 6.6.0.0120

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Updates to the Navigatr TV Guide - Version 6.6.0.0120

I reported a couple of days ago that the firmware update broke Whole Home PVR after years of perfect function. I then reported back that a tech came out, replaced some splitters, and then it worked. Well, unfortunately that lasted less than 24 hours. I have no Whole Home again. I've spoken with the tech (he gave me his cell) and he's booking another appointment to come out. But he now suspects a firmware problem. He has a second customer with the same problem.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Checked my older box and it does get the font update. A little harder to read, but the performance gain is impressive.

So it looks like all Nextboxea get 6,6,0120, but only the older boxes get the font adjustment.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the old explorer 4642 and noticed the font update a few days ago.  I don't really notice any performance improvement when navigating through the channel guide.  The lag is about the same.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not overly impressed with your new guide. I don't find it any faster than the previous guide and the font is very difficult to see. I prefer the old one to this new'enhanced' one. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I just got the new update on my 8642 HD PVR. For now I have no complaints.
I do see some increase in response, which is nice.
After reading some of the comments about the new font, (my vision is not as good as it used to be) I was a bit concerned. However, once I got used to the style I don't find it that bad. Maybe it's just me but it seems a bit sharper.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77  I found the same - it took a bit of time to get my vision refocussed - kind of like when you get new glasses - all fonts are a blur for me, but I have got used to it.

Bruce

I've Been Around

I just received the update today and I have to agree with everyone that this font style is challenging.  Aside from it not being aesthetically pleasing, there are numerous issues with this updated font:

1. left hand side that displays the channels and channel name are being cut off

I've had to change the ratio aspect to a setting I don't like just to be able to see the guide properly

2. when a program is selected/highlighted, the blue colour highlight is way too bright. There's also not enough of a contrast with the white text and blue highlight.  It's not easy to read.

I would assume there must be some compliance guidelines (similar to AODA compliance for websites) that aren't being met with this update.

If the reason for this update is due to older NextBox units, I'd like to know what version of the NextBox I need to avoid having to see this update.  My NextBox is less than a year old but I will gladly walk it into a Rogers store and change it if  I know what I need to change it to!

Thanks,

g

I've Been Here Awhile

Interactive TV guide fonts

From morning to evening the TV guide is using different fonts that are smaller and kind of kid book. The top part has regular font. Is this the update Rogers is talking about? Using 2 sets of fonts on the same page on a black background is useless. The width and the HD settings are fine but I don't get this .....don't know what is it.

Work on something more important and of better impact!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@geegee71wrote:

I just received the update today and I have to agree with everyone that this font style is challenging.  Aside from it not being aesthetically pleasing, there are numerous issues with this updated font:

1. left hand side that displays the channels and channel name are being cut off

I've had to change the ratio aspect to a setting I don't like just to be able to see the guide properly

What is the size of your television? Is it a widescreen (16:9) TV or an older, more "square" (4:3) tv?

On a widescreen TV with the proper aspect ratio set, there is no loss of channel name or number.  Have confirmed this on my television with an older Explorer 4642 with the font update.

2. when a program is selected/highlighted, the blue colour highlight is way too bright. There's also not enough of a contrast with the white text and blue highlight.  It's not easy to read.

There has been no change to any colouring in the guide.  The only thing that has changed is the font face.

I would assume there must be some compliance guidelines (similar to AODA compliance for websites) that aren't being met with this update.

If the reason for this update is due to older NextBox units, I'd like to know what version of the NextBox I need to avoid having to see this update.  My NextBox is less than a year old but I will gladly walk it into a Rogers store and change it if  I know what I need to change it to!

Thanks,

g

The font update does not affect the Nextbox 3 (9685HD) or the Nextbox 4K. Just because you received your box a year ago doesn't mean it isn't an older model. The older Nextboxes are branded as Explorer 8600, 8642 and 4642 and received the font change in order to improve response time.

I've Been Around

april 21, 2018.

I received a new update and the fonts of the guide has change to small letters and it is hard for the to read them,,, I cant find a setting to switch the font. can someone help me or advice me how to switch this awful font.

thanks,

Chappy

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats