Updates to the Navigatr TV Guide - Version 6.6.0.0120

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Updates to the Navigatr TV Guide - Version 6.6.0.0120

Sorry but the new font used is cutting off show names. Can the font be changed back to what is was?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Updates to the Navigatr TV Guide - Version 6.6.0.0120

It appears that Rogers has sent out new firmware version 6.6.0.0120.  The previous version was 6.4.0.0112.  To find your version go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, select About.  I have not received this yet myself, but have seen a similar comment regarding the font on another Forum.  We can use this thread to keep track of any other changes noted with the new firmware...

It may take up to several weeks before the firmware is rolled out to all people in Ontario using Navigatr, so don't be surprised if you don't get the new firmware for a while.  Sounds like Rogers may wish to stop the rollout altogether if the font is as bad as stated.  Is it possible for someone with the new firmware to take a photo of the new font and post it here?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am still on 6.4.0.0112 as well.

Be interesting to see what has happened with fonts.  There has always been issues with descriptions being chopped off.  We have all been on the same font set for well over a year now, wonder what the rationale was for changing them.

You would think after all the challenges they had last time around with nailing down fonts, that maybe they would have run it across some customers first - but I ask for too much I think when it comes to TV.

It would be nice if when they do these updates, they put out a list of what was changed, so we can assess the impacts on us and see if there are things we are going to have to look seriously at how it may impact our "viewing experience".

But again, me thinks I ask for too much. 

Some things just stay the same!!

Looking forward to a post with the changes.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Please Rogers - put the font back to what it was.   

Box running 6.6.0.0.120 happened sometime in the last couple of weeks.

How can they change only the guide font after X years ?  What happened to unified graphic design ? It's like a coder picked a random font to drive any of us with even the slightest OCD personality up the wall.  

System Font    ....  Guide Font

See how that visually doesn't work ?   Please ... roll back / fix the guide font. 

IMG_20180403_220019.jpg

Hello @jbrtyuo,

I can understand how the change in font would be an unwelcome surprise especially if it doesn't exactly match up with the system font.

The new firmware was only rolled out to older NextBox units that were having issues with responsiveness or sluggishness when entering commands from the remote. This was in the works for some time and through rigorous testing, it was determined that part of the problem was the font style. A more simplified font style was required to improve the performance of the older NextBox's running the Navigatr guide.

I know it can be annoying seeing two different font styles but you should notice the guide runs a lot smoother now. We will definitely pass along your feedback to have one font style as I can see how that would bother a lot of customers.

Thank you for posting your concerns!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Well at least there's a reason for the odd fonts  !    Thanks for the feedback.

Glad to hear Rogers is trying to improve the older Netbox experience, because it has degraded significantly.  To the point of looking at switching providers at times.  Been power cycling the PVR to restore system responsiveness a little too much over the past few months.   I see that Rogers no longer sells Nextbox 3.0 or Nextbox 4K , only rents.   Less choices for subscribers .. great.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a list of the models that will be getting this firmware?

I've got a couple of 8642HD PVRs that sound like this firmware was made for.

I Plan to Stick Around

It is extremely irritating whenever an update like this is rolled out because the set-box will crash and only some TV channels will be available. This time I have tried to reboot multiple times with no luck. I even tried to reauthorized the box and still no luck. The rollout is too much for the box's tiny memory to handle so it takes many many reboots before it finally is up and running again. To make matters worse, Rogers does not advise customers when the update is coming and to be prepared for service disruption. And the response time for help is terrible. The only really helpful site for info is Canadian Outages which will give you an idea what other customers are experiencing. http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

Highlighted

Hello @Hwaiting & @Danno,

@Hwaiting, The update has been designed to optimize the Nextbox 2.0 (Models 4642, 8600, and 8642) so it looks like your boxes will get an update soon! It's being released in batches so it could take some time before you receive it. Make sure your boxes are connected via Coax and Power and the update should arrive automatically.

@Danno, I know how frustrating it can be when your TV channels stop working all of a sudden. The update should not have caused specific channels to stop working and I suspect there could be a signal issue on the line. We'll need to run some tests on your equipment to be certain. Please send us a DM @CommunityHelps and we can take a look at this for you.

For more info on our private messaging system please click here

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

My two Nextbox 2.0s received the new firmware. I've now lost Whole Home PVR. My Nextbox 3.0 and my two 2.0s aren't connecting. Rogers reps filed a tier 2 ticket and it was closed by engineering who couldn't find anything. Now they're going to send a technician. I'm pretty sure their firmware has busted Whole Home PVR on the boxes I own. I'm not pleased. Oh, and the font looks awful. But I'll take it if I can get Whole Home PVR working again.