cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to subscribe to new channels using NextBox 4K UHD PVR

I plan to stick around

There was a time when it was possible to add new channels using NextBox 4K UHD PVR; by navigating to Settings - Apps - Get MORE TV.  For approximately the past two years, we are presented with the following message when attempting to subscribe to new channels:
"Unable to Complete Request
"We're unable to complete your request at this time.  Please call Customer Service at (888)764-3771"

Is anyone else with NextBox 4K UHD PVR experiencing this problem?

Was this function explicitly removed at some point?

According to the article, "Order Channels with the Remote on Navigatr Guide - Ontario," this functionality should still exist.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to subscribe to new channels using NextBox 4K UHD PVR

RogersZia

Hi @422151819119,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place, we haven't been advised if the feature has been changed in any way. If you have more than one set top box, can you please confirm if you're getting the same error on the other box too?

Any other Nextbox users able to share their experience?

RogersZia

I plan to stick around

@RogersZia wrote:

If you have more than one set top box, can you please confirm if you're getting the same error on the other box too?

We do not have more than one NextBox 4K UHD PVR.

@RogersZia wrote:

Any other Nextbox users able to share their experience?

Surely you must have access to your own hardware.  Wouldn't you or one of your colleagues be able to troubleshoot the problem?

Hi again @422151819119,

We'd be happy to help, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.

If you're not familiar with our private message system, please check out this blog

RogersZia

I plan to stick around

@RogersZia wrote:

Hi again @422151819119,

We'd be happy to help, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.

If you're not familiar with our private message system, please check out this blog.

I've reached out to CommunityHelps; although it would be valuable for you to post a response here to benefit all of your customers.  Have you been able to replicate this problem?

@422151819119, good point! Any troubleshooting we complete is done on account level. Since the Community is a public platform we recommend users to reach out via private message. 

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

I plan to stick around

As it has been a few months and I've not heard back from you, I thought that I would follow up: any updates on this?  When can I expect to hear back from you -- either here on or through private message?  Can you confirm that this functionality has not been removed, and should be working?

I plan to stick around

As it has been more than a few months and I've still not heard back from you, I thought that I would follow up: any updates on this? When can I expect to hear back from you -- either here on or through private message? Can you confirm that this functionality has not been removed, and should be working?

Greetings @422151819119,

Sorry to have kept you hanging--that was certainly not our intention! 😞

As far as I'm aware, we haven't gotten rid of the option where customer's can order a new channel via the Quick Start menu or directly while on the channel itself. It is definitely odd that the error message is appearing on several of your boxes. 

Can you please try REBOOTING your box through the SETTINGS MENU? Start with one box and then you can move to your other boxes if it works on the first one. Please be sure NOT to select Factory Reset as that will cause you to lose all of your saved recordings. If for some reason, this does not resolve your issue, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can lodge a ticket and have it investigated further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

On a side note: as most of us have already moved over to the new Ignite TV platform, we are unable to test it out ourselves here in the Community Forums to try and duplicate the issue.  **If there is anyone in the Community that does have access to an active digital cable TV service with a Nextbox and can test it out, that would be helpful!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation