Unable to skip recorded shows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unable to skip recorded shows

Up until yesterday I was able to skip 3 minutes ahead or back by pressing page up or down. This was for recorded shows. For some reason this stopped working today. Was that ability removed?

This is with a Nextbox 3 pvr and a 4642 terminal.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Unable to skip recorded shows

Hey @pmcdunnough,

Being unable to skip through your recordings can definitely be an annoyance.

First thing to do, would be reboot the box. If it doesn't work after the reboot, if it's a rental, you could swap the unit. 

Anyone else in the Community having issues?

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pmcdunnough : Are you able to FF & REW?  If so, the reboot should take you back to previous capabilities (reboot all boxes and wait 1/2 hour).  

Do you have WHPVR (Whole Home PVR) as sometimes the one box doesn't communicate well with the other, in which case the reboot should again bring you back to previous capabilities.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57
Yes, I have a WHPVR and I can FF and RWD. Will reboot everything this evening and hopefully that fixes things. Odd, as everything else works fine. Thanks.

Edit: It worked. I first rebooted the PVR 9865, and then the HD terminal. Skipping returned. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation