Unable to pause/rewind/fast forward Live TV or record...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to pause/rewind/fast forward Live TV or record...

Half-way through the day (May 23) I noticed that I can't seem to record any program; or pause, rewind, or fast-forwards live TV.

Has anyone experienced/currently experiencing this problem? How should I fix it?

I'm in North York with the Digital Plus package.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to pause/rewind/fast forward Live TV or record...

First thing to do, would be reboot the box.

If it doesnt work after the reboot.. could be a sign of a failing drive (that it cant record anymore).

If a rental, you would then want to swap the unit.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply! It's working now.

I'm Here A Lot

PVR will not function with live tv to fast forwad or rewind,play/pause.

I have a Rogers PVR that is 3 years odl and is made by Motorola,model #DCX3510-M that recently refuses to rewind or ast forward,etc live TV now.What tics me off is I may have to call tech support when should be something if possible to resolve on my own.I downloaded the PDF file for the manual hoping to find out what the issue is in the troubleshooting section.I found the Motorola manual to be totally useless in this matter.They do not cover anything remotely similar to the problemDoes anyone have an idea of what can either resolve the issue or whether the PVR is not fixable?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not super familiar with the moterola.. but generally they are the same in principal..

You are able to record stuff otherwise, correct? (making sure the hard drive works)

To be able to rewind or fastforward.. you have to have that 'built up' section of live TV..
So if you swtich to a channel right now.. its doesnt have any of that channel recorded localy in temp, to be able to rewind.
(and cant fast forward until its past that part of it being aired live obviously)

I'm an Advisor

Hey guys - I had this happen to my 8642HD in the past and it turned out to be a bad hard drive. Swapping the equipment at the Rogers Plus store fixed the issue. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,thanks for the reply but working again.Has happened a few times without explanation but, next day worked. However  if continues will contact Rogers on a solution or fix.HD is at 70% so not want to loose all contents if have to replace later.None of the functions worked when it acted up so,assume record function did not either.However it is working now so may of been just a software glitch perhaps.I am aware of the have to build up on a program before any function works like rewind having changed channels and early on unable to rewind a show.Ok thanks for the reply,I really love the PVR itself but a few hiccups along the way does not change the good side of things.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your reply and hope does not happen again or more frequent than a few times as have much of the HD filled up.Not sure if you can save them on a USB Flash drive or not.Thanks for your reply and hope that option does not come about yet.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Ronaford63,

@Ronaford63 wrote:

Not sure if you can save them on a USB Flash drive or not.

Unfortunately, you cannot copy recorded content from your PVR to a USB flash drive or external hard drive. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok thanks,should of known it was never going to be that easy to save any programs for backup in case the PVR decided to act up again.Guess I better decide to either watch or delete in order to get the HD space back.Thanks for the info.