Unable to Change Channel with Rogers Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unable to Change Channel with Rogers Remote

My remote will turn on the TV nd PVR but performs no other functions.  If the TV has been turned off the channel numbers will show when channels changed. Unfortunately it doesn't work when the TV is on.   I have talked to several techs. I have changed the remotes although they were all Rogers remotes. I have changed batteries and I have rebooted the PVR.  Suggestions please>

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to Change Channel with Rogers Remote

I am wondering, if this is the IR spray issue.

Does your TV do any form of auto light changing, etc, whent the room gets darker/brighter?
These things, usually have an IR sensor, which broadcasts IR out to determine the light level.

This seems to interfear with the NB3, it has a really sensitive sensor.

You could try this, by temp moving the NB3 as far away from the TV, pointing another direction, and try using the remote to change channels.

Really, the only way to 'fix' this, is to turn off the light chaging mode on the TV.
(or put the box in a location where it wont be effected.  EG, my box is in a tv stand, set a fair bit back inside of it, so its out of view of anything from the TV)

I've Been Around

DTV E940 Remote won't respond during late evening hours.

It is a very strange issue. I am not able to change the channel on DTV E940 box after 9 pm. It worked well in the morning hours. It is driving me nuts. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You may have IR interference issues from something else in the room, like CFL lightbulbs, etc.   See the following post on the topic and you should be able to isolate your problem.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-l...

I've Been Around

Cannot change channels with Rogers remote
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fani1726 : Please provide additional information.

1. What is the model number of the Rogers Remote?  (See the following link:)

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

2. Have you pressed the CBL button?

3. Does the CBL button light up when you press the various channel numbers, or channel up/down?

4. Do the other functions work - list, menu, settings, guide?

5. Have you tried new batteries?

Please try not to scrimp on your words. The more information you can provide, the more likely we will be able to help.