URC2125B0-BB (RF Remote) won't control STB

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

URC2125B0-BB (RF Remote) won't control STB

Hello all. I'm stuck. 

I recently setup an additional PVR (9865), and am using this RF remote for the first time. Upon boot, the remote controls the PVR just fine. I then followed the instructions on the back of the remote, for quick setup of the TV. So using the TV button, I followed the instructions, and the remote successfully controlled my TV volume and power. 

However, now there's no control of the PVR. I hit the CBL button, no luck. I try following the same instructions I used for the TV, but using the CBL button and pointing it at the Nextbox, but no luck. What gives? I've setup countless removes for Rogers and never had an issue. All support online refers to programming other devices, not the nextbox. 

Am I missing something obvious? Can I somehow 'factory reset' this remote? I'm stumped. 

Thanks. 

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: URC2125B0-BB (RF Remote) won't control STB

Hey @Holmes!

Certainly a strange occurrence having your remote not appropriately connect to your PVR! That said though it shouldn't be an unsolvable one :). Can you complete the following troubleshooting steps and let us know if the issue persists?

• Does the Cable button light up when pressed?
    • If No, replace batteries
      • If Issue persists, replace your remote at your local Rogers Plus
    • If Yes, continue
  • Unpair the remote from the Nextbox
    • Press and hold the SETUP + DOWN keys at the same time
    • Wait for the CABLE light to flash twice
    • CABLE light will flash repeatedly then twice in succession to indicate a successful unpairing.
    • Alternatively you can remove the batteries for an extended period(eg. overnight) and this will restore the remote to factory settings.
  • Pair the remote to the Nextbox
    • Press and hold the SETUP + UP keys at the same time
    • The CABLE light will flash repeatedly to indicate pairing
    • The CABLE light will flash twice in succession to indicate the pairing is successful

Let us know how it goes!

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Also, check out the instructions for programming the remote using the following link:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125b0-bb/

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unpairing did the trick! I was then able to redo the instructions to control my TV, and the PVR controls stuck this time.  Must've been a glitch the first time. 

Thanks a bunch.