UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

There are many usability issues but your third problem is likely your box. I fast forward and rewind all the time to skip commercials on recorded programs and not once has it frozen, become unresponsive or rebooted. I have a 9865HD and my biggest issues are usuability

deek1990
I've Been Here Awhile

WHAT have they done???   Recording and deleting last night was a nightmare.  10 minutes to scroll to the programs (4 of them) I wanted to record. Then to delete a recorded program after watching it, another 10 minutes to delete.  To delete it, the screen took 3 minutes to load the programs like that one.  Then you finally scroll to "delete" and if you click "ok", it jumps up to "watch" and loads the program!  You do it over and over again until it finally deletes it.  PLEASE FIX THIS!

User14
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @User14,

How are you recording the programs? Are you recording them as series? Are you selecting "record all episodes", "anytime", any day of the week? Also, how long has this been happening since and what was the outcome after the reboot? Did you try recording them again? Do you have more than one box and is it happening on both? 

RogersHassam 

She records them from the guide each morning. Usually it is a one time recording for that day, but she knows how to add 5 or 10 minutes. I have seen her do this a couple of times because of stations schedules not being sychronized with the guide. I am not sure if this is applicable but I thought I would include it.  She might have recorded the View as a series.  After the reboot, it recorded as usual, but this morning she told me to reboot the PVR again because it was so slow, she could not do her normal channel scans to set any recordings. You know the problem..... you press a button, nothing happens so you press another button, nothing happens, then the sequence of commands you pressed all get executed and it takes you into some display you didn't want to go to. 

Any chance of the Rogers Corporation or Margaret telling us what is going on with this Navigatr software and what you are dong to fix it?  Who is taking responsibility for this malaise?  

CC
I Plan to Stick Around

Another problem (bug) I just found. I was watching a program I wanted to check the details about that episode. I accidentally hit 'List' instead of 'info'. It took me to the list of tiles and paused the program. I exited and it took me back to the program. No I hit 'info', but it does not give me the info, it gives me the list as when I hit 'list' (and again pauses the program). Now I have to get to get to the tile of the program I am watching and drill down to the epsiode. Now I can get the info. But why would I want to get to the list when I hit info? Just because I went there before? This is a minor irritation, but pile it on to the others and you have a mountain of frustration. C'mon Rogers fix this or bring back the old (and better) software.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Anyone notice that the number of concerns coming forward have decreased since the How to's by Gdkitty and others came out - even Facebook is referring people here.

On Facebook, this is not "free work by users", it is peer to peer customer to customer support with technical and support resources also available - I still hold that it was free kind work to help others and free, done because Rogers didn't do it.

Now what comes is each new person who wants to put their concerns forward.  Even though we know how to work around it and are learning how to work with the issues, it doesn't mean we like it.

Bruce

sethlwilson
I Plan to Stick Around

After about a month of having Navigatr on my Nextbox 3 I've given up.  The previous UX wasn't great, but at least it had all of the functionality that you would expect from a PVR.  Navigatr has unfortunately rendered the STB useless as a PVR.  It's not just a matter of education either.

Consider this.  I had 3 Rogers services:  TV, Internet, and Home Phone; and I've been a customer since 2012.  I cancelled them all today.

annemarie
I've Been Around

Reading comments online, it appears that others hate the new "Navigatr" as much as I do. I suggest you ditch it and go back to the old guide.

Don't even try to fix it. It's poorly designed right from the concept. The old one worked fine.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @annemarie,

I think we are stuck with Navigatr - I just hope they restore the 'list' view (similar to the old RTN guide) at a minimum.

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

Surprise, surprise - I went looking for FIBE info for my location, then went to see what issues were being discussed on FIBE forums, and surprise, surprise I notice a number of the same user names over there looking into FIBE.   Guess I am not the only customer getting fed up.

I suppose this message may get deleted, but I am hoping someone at Rogers knows some of the stats about dissatisifed customers; like 96% of unhappy customers don't complain, but 91% of those unhappy customers leave and don't come back.  If that's true, the 1000 or so people complaining about Navigatr represent about 4 % of the unhappy customers.

There are a number of similar statistics that should interest a caring company.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20130604134550-284615-15-statistics-that-should-change-the-business-w...

I also stopped into a Rogers location to discuss this.  Got total lack of interest from the two guys working the desk.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp  @annemarie  Unfortunately, having been one of the many advocating for information, support, explanations, and finally moving to being a help to both ourselves and others, I have to agree with robindp -

I think we have little options other than the poster 2 back, leaving, and deciding to stay and "learn to live with it", but since there are some significant bugs still in place, we can expect that another bug fix will come at some point.  Hopefully they will consider our conerns and suggestions seriously and do their best to redesign the product to something that we can at least live with.  The previous boxes had their own problems, as it moved from SA to Cisco products in that first buy out, but those boxes were luxury compared to what we have now.

But if you decide to stay, for whatever your personal reasons are, we appear to be stuck with Navigtr and its tile interface and if you have been directed to the forum, you will get more detailed and helpful solutions, including our honesty that we believe that we are stuck with the tile interface and hope that the bugs and some of the inefficiencies will be considered for changes.

Our only hope is that the supplying companies, Espial and whoever is taking over the hardware side since Technicolor has bought out this part of Cisco's hardware and software portfolio, will take our concerns seriously. Since it took 5 months to get version 2 rolled out, another month to deal with a bug, probably power saver features that were freezing boxes left and right, and then another full build recompile by all parties to the current builds of January, we now are waiting in silence again.  Only time will tell what we will finally end up with.  I strongly doubt we will hear anything until it rolls out to us.

Welcome to the forum. Wish we had better answers for you and your concerns of the box, but we can at least provide you support on how to "live with it".

Bruce