UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hi Gdkitty: I bought my 8642 just before the newer ones came out. The tiles look good but are of not value since some are blank and they are devoid of channel recorded on as with the previous system
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I sensing here that Rogers wants to inflict this system on it's customers in order to make $$$ by forcing us further into buying or renting their newer boxes??!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just the NB2s that have a blank Settings screen after getting Navigatr, or is this happening on the NB3s too?

I Plan to Stick Around

I read that it is now possible to hide On Demand channels. I can't check it out, since my Settings screen is now blank, but if true, that is a huge improvement.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is a good question.

There are a number of people report that no settings.. but i dont think they have said WHAT box it was?

It might be then only the 8642?

I know its ok on my 9865

I Plan to Stick Around

Since you have access to Settings, could you verify that it is now possible to hide On Demand channels? Thanks.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @unun4848,

I have a Nextbox 3 (9865) and am sitting in front of it now. YES, I can hide on demand channels by doing the following:

- Press SETTINGS button on remote. 

- Scroll down to "Channel Setup" and select it. 

- Scroll down to "Hide Channels" and select it. 

- Using the arrow keys, scroll down and select an OnDemand channel, such as 100. Press OK/Select on the remote. 

- Press EXIT button three times to exit the Settings screen and return to your program. 

The channel you selected above no longer shows up in the guide. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp wrote:

Hello @unun4848,

I have a Nextbox 3 (9865) and am sitting in front of it now. YES, I can hide on demand channels by doing the following:

- Press SETTINGS button on remote. 

- Scroll down to "Channel Setup" and select it. 

- Scroll down to "Hide Channels" and select it. 

- Using the arrow keys, scroll down and select an OnDemand channel, such as 100. Press OK/Select on the remote. 

- Press EXIT button three times to exit the Settings screen and return to your program. 

The channel you selected above no longer shows up in the guide. 

NICE!   I'm still old-school in that I start at the bottom of relevant HD channels in my zone (482) and move up.   At some point in that range I hit the 70s-80s-90s movies channels that takes my channel hopping to a stop.

If I could finally block that, would be awesome!

I've Been Around

How do I enable and disable the captions?

I can navigate to the captions section but I cannot check or uncheck the captions option.

Does someone know how to enable and disable the captions?

Thank you very much!

I'm an Advisor

Not sure how to block all On-demand channels in one shot...