UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Good for you Brt. I applaude you. With more people calling the $$ business side in billings and threatening to cancel, it will not fall on deaf ears over in IT.

I'm an Advisor

Just tried, the ability to filter to only certain types of programming type has been removed.  For the last few months, I have been accessing the Rogers on demand website and performing my searches from there, if only to get more accurate and relevant results. 

I know, crazy...but it works for me. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

So far Navigatr has behaved itself in terms of not freezing (touch wood). There are some usability issues that shouldn't have made it to implementation like the need to adjust the filter and save the setting temporarily to see what has been recorded. More clicks than before which is not an improvement. For the most part it seems that getting used to the new look is the challenge at least with my Netbox. Again touching wood.

I Plan to Stick Around

The Truth is out there......Great post
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink Thanks for that detailed insight, all of which was news to me.  Although in the end, it all boils down to money in one way or another.  Nothing new there; that's what a company is supposed to do for their owners.  And as long as Rogers continues to have a captive audience, courtesy of the CRTC-granted monoply in various regions, I suppose their revenue losses from from ex-customers will remain relatively minimal compared to the cost of doing things properly.  How the customers feel about it.... not Rogers' concern.

I Plan to Stick Around

Your THIS THREAD link doesn't work, just like Navigatr.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, that seems to be what it comes down to:  revenue losses from from ex-customers versus the cost of doing things properly

I Plan to Stick Around

Really surprised that Rogers didn't perform a proper Q&A before releasing this product.

Fortunate for our home the recordings have not been lost.  BUT the main PVR device will not allow the playing of recorded items, even though I can see them listed.  Have to use the secondary NextBox to view recorded items (and the second box works perfectly, can't say the same for the front end PVR device).

Roger's solution.  Pull the plug, wait 3 minutes, then plug it back in.  WELL, it doesn't work.  Still do not have access to SETTINGS also and no one in tech support seems to be able to figure out why.  Their reply, get another box.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Funny thing is, i have not had any problems so far viewing saved recordings before or after the update

I Plan to Stick Around

This release wasn't properly Q&A'd.  As of Jan 3rd there have three additional updates to fix issues like icons/metadata for the pictures of items you have recorded or are going to record, the ability to actually view your recorded programs in a series without the device bringing to the manage series prompts instead of the recorded programs prompt.

STILL waiting for the SETTINGS screen to be populated.  AND NO tech support, unplugging the boxes for 3 minutes and then forcing a COLD BOOT doesn't do anything.