UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian92
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hey Gerim, When you say playback is it only when you're playing back recorded shows? My frame drops always occur with live video, I actually never checked with video on PVR playback.

Gerim
I Plan to Stick Around

Adrian92

my issue is with PVR playback, but then I record almost everything I watch so I can skip commercials and watch very little "live" TV.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Hey, I just badged up to I am an advisor.  Guess I have been at this forum way too much - glad to have learned and helped as I went along.

I think I have worked with at least 10 different threads, mostly Navigtr, and am proud to have started the ball rolling back in July about the first upgrade.

Have met a lot of wonderful people along the way, some extremely knowledgeable people in various domains of the industry who really do know their stuff very very well.

I don't think any of us would have made this long with Navigtr if it hadn't been for the forum members.

Glad I was able to advise, commiserate, complain, and make recommendations along with all of you.

Bruce

rickschlau
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Everyone,

I know this has already been posted but a search did not help me:

I have accidently hit the fav button on remote and can't get back into the guide.

help?

park
I'm an Advisor

@BS wrote:

Hey, I just badged up to I am an advisor.  Guess I have been at this forum way too much - glad to have learned and helped as I went along.

I think I have worked with at least 10 different threads, mostly Navigtr, and am proud to have started the ball rolling back in July about the first upgrade.

Have met a lot of wonderful people along the way, some extremely knowledgeable people in various domains of the industry who really do know their stuff very very well.

I don't think any of us would have made this long with Navigtr if it hadn't been for the forum members.

Glad I was able to advise, commiserate, complain, and make recommendations along with all of you.

Bruce

@BS  Congrats on your promotion.

I think the best think about Navigatr is that we talk about it so much that we do not have time to watch TV !

But it is still park backwards !

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

@rickschlau wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I have accidently hit the fav button on remote and can't get back into the guide.

help?

Hi,

I don't know if you got an answer yet:

I rebooted (unplugged box power for 10-30 seconds) and regular guide returned.

rickschlau
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks
mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@YtanyaY wrote:

@rickschlau wrote:

Hey Everyone,

help?

Hi,

I don't know if you got an answer yet:

I rebooted (unplugged box power for 10-30 seconds) and regular guide returned.

Press GUIDE, then "C" to filter channels, the select "Subcribed". May need to hit save.

Pressing GUIDE toggles between all channels and favourites.

Don't hit FAV as this locks you into favourites and need the procedure above to get out.

fishface42
I've Been Here Awhile

My Navigatr has recorded and recording pending mixed arbitrarily in the boxes.  The whole thing is a balky regression from the original format.  Also, can't organize programs by PVR [of three] as before.  The whole dreary mess is a curse.  And for what?  So you see visual boxes--big deal.

NetUser20
I've Been Here Awhile

I like my current Nextbox guide. Is it possible for me to opt-out of the Navigatr update?

Customers are not able to opt-out of this update. We’ve updated the look and feel of the guide and made it easier and more intuitive to use. We’ve also included new features and updates to others like the mini-guide, info screen, PVR, a new search engine, and more that we know you’ll love.

This is what I am greeted with when get to the feedback page for the new Navigatr system...  By what the community is saying it doesn’t sound like many customers are enjoying the experience!

I’m not saying that I would have been able to design a better system but WHY!! Take out key features that you presented in the last update that were enriching the viewing experience???

Here are a few points that I have found that you have moved backward on, and have made the viewing experience more frustrating and not fun!

1. When viewing your recorded programs in the old system you were able to see and hear live tv. That is now gone you can only hear live tv.

1. When watching a recorded program you are not able to check your list of recordings. The video will pause.

It was a better experience before when you could have the ability to do both at the same time.

1. When deleting a recorded program the cursor is defaulted on (Yes), which can lead to an unwanted deletion. On the old system it defaulted to (No), so it was not an issue.

1. The new system offers less information on your recordings.

In the old system it would indicate the channel that you recorded on.

1. In the old system you were able to at a glance see your recordings and the date they were recorded, description of the program.

In the new system you have to enter the individual recording... Is there a list option?

1. Sometimes a security icon at the top right of the Saved recordings page... What does that mean?

1. In the old system you could perform multiple deletes of different shows. That is not possible anymore.

1. The new system considers ALL recordings as "new" shows. In the old system you were able to tell at a glance which episodes were new or old.