UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@57 wrote:

@headhoncho wrote:

as it turns out, that's not as good of a solution that I had initially thought.  I was just checking my list tonight - went to the bottom of the list of recordings and saw only 2 scheduled recordings for tomorrow night.  I was pretty sure I had more than that scheduled, so I did the filter thing to get to the list of ONLY scheduled recordings, and sure enough, there were 5 listed for tomorrow night, whereas the bottom of the recordings list only showed 2.

If you go a bit higher in the list but still near the bottom staying in the scheduled recordings, not the completed recordings, you may find those "missing" scheduled recordings. It also may depend on your sort options - alpha vs. chrono. 

If the "missing" scheduled recordings are series recordings, they may be near the top of the list "inside" one of the tiles if one of the series has already recorded.  Inside this tile, scroll up to select scheduled instead of "recorded". For example, I have Daily Planet set to record every day and that tile is near the top of the list since it was recently recorded.  The tile may contain several completed recordings and several scheduled recordings.

================

If that is the case, it's sure hidden, unlike how QUICKLY and EASILY we could get this information presented ALL IN ONE PLACE with the CLICK of a SINGLE BUTTON!

I'm Here A Lot

Just got the new Navigatr today. Cumbersome to say the least. Is there any way to sort recorded shows by PVR? Family harmony will be disrupted if there isn't. Bad enough the alpha sort doesn't group by title. Thanks.
I Plan to Stick Around

Since posting my original comment, I've noticed that the original air date does sometimes appear.  It is dependent upon the length of the program description.  If it is brief, there's room for the date; if it isn't, then the description is truncated and the original date of airing isn't visible or accessible.

No matter, my REAL reason for posting a comment concerns the gibberish of closed captionning in PVR recordings.  Secondly, the illogic of  cc available On Demand when viewed on the TV, but not being available when viewing On Demand on the computer.

I Plan to Stick Around

@gjdj wrote:

I have a question about conflicting recordings.

My PVR can only record two channels at a time, and occasionally during prime time I wish to record 3 or more programs.  (Happens especially when some programs run from 8:00-9:01 or some other odd time).

Anyways, I have several series set up to record new episodes automatically and every couple of days I'd manage my recordings.  I'd note if any series showed up as conflicts (with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle).  If so, I'd find another time to record one of the shows and resolve the conflict.  This could usually be accomplished by time-shifting a network show or finding a 2nd airing for a cable show.

I just got the Navigatr system, and I'm not seeing any conflict symbols.  Is there a way to see which recordings were pre-programmed but won't be recorded?  I feel like it may be just choosing two programs to record and not really letting me know that there is a third that won't be recorded.

Actually, for that matter, how do you change the priority of your recorded series?

Even if you fixed your scheduling conflict, judging from what many others has written, there is a good chance your box will spontaneously delete all of your recordings anyway, so does it matter if it never records or does and gets deleted before you get a chance to watch it?  Of course I say this in jest.  Sadly I wish there weren't truth to it.

I've not seen any good way to manage overlapping scheduling, priority setting or even knowing which PVR a program recorded on so that we can tell what might need to be deleted to free up HDD space if necessary.  This last item I just mentioned on a recent call to Customer Service who acted like he'd never heard that one before!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Without going into EACH folder.. no Smiley Sad

At least to eliminate the conflicts.. there should be something when you try to do the 3rd recording.. that it will bring up WHAT the other two are.. so you can then at least know what your having to compare to / go and remove/change.

You mean like the old 8300 boxes that also worked oh so well?

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnnyCanuck13 wrote:
Just got the new Navigatr today. Cumbersome to say the least. Is there any way to sort recorded shows by PVR? Family harmony will be disrupted if there isn't. Bad enough the alpha sort doesn't group by title. Thanks.

Book the session with the therapist now to help restore family harmony.  There is no way to sort or identify what was recorded on which PVR.

I'm a Regular

The new interface is horrible enough but why did they limit the features during playback of recorded shows this thing is just stupid why did they take away the ability to check info on a show you're watching or limit all the controls in general so much. I know everyone says they're fed up but I honestly think this Navigator update is the final straw that sends me to Bell for my TV internet phone mobile etc

I've Been Around

My main concern with this new Navigator is that you can't watch programs that are being recorded unless you have pressed the record button at the beginning of the program. For instance if you schedule  to PVR a football game because you're going to be late, you can't start watching it from the beginning when you arrive home. It will not allow you to watch until the recording is completed. This sucks and so does the new Navigator.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm watching a recording that's still in progress right now. You can watch things while they're recording and not have to wait. You just have to go scheduled tab and choose it to watch from there.

My main issue is you can't press info while watching a recording without it exiting you from the recording.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

THANKS for that tip KSO Smiley Very Happy

This is something my wife does often, and would be very upset if there was not a way to do it.

So obviously, it doesnt move to the RECORDED section, until the recording is fully complete.